Yeah, I'm with Vee on this one.
I am not ironically referencing "Hey Dude". I am sincerely referencing "Hey Dude".
It wasn't Mamet but... for a show targeted at twelve-year-olds, it was pretty decent. I also had as much of a crush as you can have on the tomboyish brunette as you can have on a person that you know doesn't exist.
(This goes for every attractive tomboy on every show ever.)
And "Salute Your Shorts" was... better than pretty decent, for what it was.
I have pretty much given up on the sort of irony where you are pretending to not like something that you liked when you were younger and are now ashamed of that fact. I'm past that particular bit of self-loathing.
ALF, I love unironically. It was just so weird, it was so of its time and yet not at all, that its still interesting. Maybe in a slightly different way now but I still completely love ALF.
I am still pretty young in the scheme of things but I am too old for the irony of shame.
Now, I definitely still love watching things that are bad and appreciating how bad they are... but it isn't about rejecting things I'm ashamed of liking once upon a time. It is now full-on, just, I am shocked at how unintentionally bad a movie like "The Guardian" is.
Things that are bad "on purpose" I've pretty much always hated. I am Anti-Camp. But I'm sure I've ranted that rant here before and shall spare you.
EDIT: Transformers was pretty terrible in execution as a cartoon, definitely. The thing is... the toys themselves were legitimately cool, at least early on in the run. The idea of a toy car that turns into a toy ***** is pretty unassailably rad. This is why people try and convince themselves that the cartoon was not terrible.