Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports  (Read 155945 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2007, 01:51:24 am »

I didn't like the deals I was being offered. Plus, this works so differently than the football thing that I am sort of lost. How many points should I expect from each player? Who do I start? FUCK!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2007, 03:49:48 am »

Im just waiting to see how the action plays out. I think we got teams reasonably close to what we wanted.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2007, 05:25:43 am »

My team alone constitutes about 90% of the league's transactions so far, so I'm probably the least qualified person to answer this question.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2007, 05:35:30 am »

Well, I've been shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic with my shortstop and my catcher and free agent replacements but Lord knows if it has done any good. I suppose I can't know until I actually figure out how any of the scoring actually occurs and so on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2007, 09:23:34 am »

I tried to get three players I wanted, all trades were turned down.

They were mainly cosmetic moves, I am pretty happy with my team.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2007, 04:36:11 am »

Well, I got a two-fer tonight.

By smearing Carpenter into the ground, the Mets won AND left me with a tiny lead in my first week of fantasy baseball because... Carpenter was the only guy on either of our teams in the Mets-Cards game.

So that was pretty goddamn awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2007, 05:03:05 am »

I don't have any Mets or Cards on my team, but I was still super excited for this game. It is the first of the season, after all. That enthusiasm gradually waned with every nugget of shit that plopped out of Joe Morgan's mouth. I made it through about three innings before I had enough and turned on the xbox 360. I'll watch the condensed game later on mlb.tv.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2007, 05:14:14 am »

Well, I got a two-fer tonight.

By smearing Carpenter into the ground, the Mets won AND left me with a tiny lead in my first week of fantasy baseball because... Carpenter was the only guy on either of our teams in the Mets-Cards game.

So that was pretty goddamn awesome.

Oh shut up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2007, 05:19:37 am »

Haha, whoops. I just realized I have Chris Carpenter on my team. Well, this is a fun way to start the season.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2007, 06:19:19 am »

Is there any thing we need to do with our rosters?  Like, do I have a starting 9, or do all of my players play?

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2007, 07:20:17 am »

I would imagine that the bench players do not play, seeing how they are... well, on the bench.  Otherwise there wouldn't be much point in having one.  I don't know if the utility man plays or not.  Is that like a DH?

I also have no Mets or Cardinals, but for the first week I am facing Pujols and Rolen, who went a combined 0-for-5 today, so I'm pretty happy too.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2007, 07:27:14 am »

What about pitchers?

How do I move a person from the starters to the bench?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2007, 03:29:33 pm »

I think you just swap the guy in the P slot with the guy in the SP slot and hit submit changes? I'm not sure, really. It could be that the P's are just any kind of pitcher you want to keep on your roster, regardless of starter or reliever designations - all of whom count towards your points.

As for position players: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseball/scoring/baseball-95.html

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2007, 05:54:13 pm »

Watching the Yanks-Rays game on ESPN right now. Sure glad fantasy baseball doesn't consider defense because A-Rod and Jeter both have errors and it's only the second inning.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball.
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2007, 06:51:06 pm »

I'm the top scoring team at the moment, despite my defense acting the fool and 2 on the DL. I predict this victory will be short lived.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79   Go Up