Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie  (Read 39642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2007, 01:56:16 am »

Judy-- # 3 is the lie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2007, 05:37:38 am »

Joy!  I have finally hoodwinked most of you!

1.  Truth: At the moment we have 4 computers (3 of which are laptops) and 2 TVs.
2.  Truth: I guess technically they were more violent deflagrations than explosions per se.  The first time he was on a Triumph motorcycle that had a bad carburetor and had been parked in a hot shed.  On ignition, the gas in the air ignited.  The shed was flattened, the bike was heavily damaged, but my dad was pretty much OK.  The second time was when he was igniting a trash pile in a brick, backyard incinerator.  That one gave him a premature receding hairline and a quick trip across the back yard.  My mom saw the whole thing and was certain she'd become a widow.  Burn ointment and band aids was all that was required though. 
3.  The Lie:  Thank goodness.  I've had some of the danderiest damn dogs, ever.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:38 am »

Joy!  I have finally hoodwinked most of you!

1.  Truth: At the moment we have 4 computers (3 of which are laptops) and 2 TVs.
2.  Truth: I guess technically they were more violent deflagrations than explosions per se.  The first time he was on a Triumph motorcycle that had a bad carburetor and had been parked in a hot shed.  On ignition, the gas in the air ignited.  The shed was flattened, the bike was heavily damaged, but my dad was pretty much OK.  The second time was when he was igniting a trash pile in a brick, backyard incinerator.  That one gave him a premature receding hairline and a quick trip across the back yard.  My mom saw the whole thing and was certain she'd become a widow.  Burn ointment and band aids was all that was required though. 
3.  The Lie:  Thank goodness.  I've had some of the danderiest damn dogs, ever.

Sweet! I was right!
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2007, 06:38:48 am »

3. I write poems about economics.

Can we be economics friends? Please?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2007, 07:44:00 am »

You are a dog owner.

You are right about this, but I don't want to know how.

Anyway, the lie was #1! RoboGod, can for you. To elaborate: #1 almost happened, but he complimented my face before leering.

I can't say much more, except that the events of #2 did not occur under the influence, and it was not a dog that licked off the peanut butter.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2007, 09:26:35 am »

Judy is something like five years younger than me but in life experience he is an old soul indeed.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2007, 04:16:05 pm »

Judy, you've grown up so fast.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2007, 07:25:33 pm »

Can we be economics friends? Please?

Of course. Economics is the word, lady.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2007, 12:37:31 am »

You are right about this, but I don't want to know how.

I watch you.

I watch you when you think it is safe to drink almost all of the orange juice but put the carton back in the 'fridge.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2007, 02:40:04 am »

I watch you.

I watch you when you think it is safe to drink almost all of the orange juice but put the carton back in the 'fridge.

It's Chris Elliot!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2007, 04:06:08 am »

It's Chris Elliot!

As a youngster, I met Chris Elliot in the food court of the Museum of Natural History.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2007, 04:23:04 am »

Fuck all you people!

"Yeah, when I was 15, Freddie Mercury lived in our basement for 6 months. I co-wrote Bohemian Rhapsody with him."

"I met David Lynch on a bus in Tulsa. We ended up going out to a bar and talking about lunch meat for two hours."

"Hung out with Dan Fouts at the rodeo once. He just showed up and sat down next to me and my mom. It was fun."

"I grew up with Maynard James Keenan. We used to play Boggle a lot."

I'm sick of it, people. No more.


Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2007, 05:22:46 am »

my friend David met Ira Glass... and... peed next to some other big NPR guy who I haven't heard of (ie, in a urinal).

I... I met Jane Goodall once? She told me to follow my dreams.

My grandpa's colleague discovered Mononucleosis? my great-grandma was tight with Eva Peron?

I feel like there is someone awesome and famous and really cool who I have met, but, I don't know who it would possibly be.
Other than the guy who founded ESPN, as mentioned earlier.

PS my mom also sat next to the Dali Lama at a big formal dinner once. She said he seemed very nice.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:26:59 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2007, 10:58:43 am »

PS my mom also sat next to the Dali Lama at a big formal dinner once. She said he seemed very nice.

You'd basically have to though wouldn't you? Who the hell is going to believe that the Dalai Llama acted like a total dick all night, dominated the conversation by talking about his pets and then bogarted your breadroll?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Two Truths and a Lie
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2007, 11:01:38 am »

Wait, uh... crap. I feel so alone in having no weird brushes with celebrity, although apparently my dad was on Nixon's shitlist for a while in the '60's and '70's...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up