Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.05?  (Read 3124 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
2.05?
« on: August 02, 2003, 06:42:21 am »

I just got an emailer.php bug through, 256, of which I've read so much.
So I'm guessing you're using 2.05 of phpbb Jough?
Just wanting to check that that's the issue and it's not something that can otherwise be easily dealt with...
(I'm using 2.05 myself on my server and have the same problem occasionally with the emailer.php (on posting normal msg's in threads that is) so I'm with you on the pain front!!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2.05?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 06:51:42 am »

Yeah, I just installed the newest version.

At least the phpBB developers are pretty good about fixing these things.  I never send them bug reports, though, because I'm pretty lazy about things that I don't care much about, like message boards, so I figure someone else will let them know.

But I'll look at emailer.php.  Line 256?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
2.05?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 06:46:35 pm »

There is a supposed fix for it. I can upload it in a bit and give you a link to it, it replaces three of the /includes/ files, and apprently has worked for a lot of people, but you don't seem to be having too many problems. What it apparently does do, depending on when you upgraded, is not email people when they activate a new account, but you don't seem to have had any problems with that!?
I'll put a link here when I upload it in a coupla hours when I get back, just in case you do need it, or wanna look at the changes it makes. But yea it was line 256 in emailer.php.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
2.05?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 06:49:10 pm »

I'm gonna ask that you take this one to PM at this point, kids.  

Crazy programmer mumbo-jumbo

Who gets that shit anyway
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up