Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is green beer EVER acceptable?  (Read 11183 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 12:28:13 am »

When I was a wee lad, my mom used to put green food coloring in our oatmeal for breakfast on St. Patty's Day. Needless to say, before I discovered beer, my favorite part of the holiday was pooping neon green.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 01:56:27 am »

There are alcohols that will fuck you up more.

There are alcohols that will make you more of an embarrassing mess.

There are alcohols that will give you worse hangovers, that will make you vomit more.

But there ain't nothing more flat-out disgusting than gin.

It tastes like burning.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 02:19:01 am »

I think it was Lore who described gin like blowing a Christmas Tree? Memory fails me, but I hate gin.

Green beer is hella crass. I've heard that there are some towns that dye their rivers green for St. Patrick's Day...what the hell, people! How could they do that without hurting the river's inhabitants? Bastards.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 02:31:06 am »

I really want to like gin, mainly because I am annoyed by the proliferation of vodka martinis and want to be a purist so I can dig my heels in about the issue.  But I'll be damned if that's ever gonna happen.  You'd think a drink that tastes like distilled new car smell would be more palatable than that.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 03:00:32 am »

Oh, to be that young again, before I fell in love with gin. Gin is the choice of civilized drunks. If you aren't drinking gin, you might as well be lapping up Olde English 800 out of the dog's bowl.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2007, 03:55:26 am »

One time my former roommate drank a handle of Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin in a night.

Before we knew he would drink it all, we made fun of the fact that he was taking shots of gin (EHHH!), and he responded by saying something to the effect of it is only 35 percent since it is lime twisted or something.  The guy is 21 and already has Liver polyps (sp?). 

That is an alcoholic.  That is not civilized.



Also, gin is good in drinks.  Just as good as any other liquor. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2007, 03:59:16 am »

I wish you were my roommate KeithHernandez. Oh the times we would have.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 04:31:30 am »

Oh, to be that young again, before I fell in love with gin. Gin is the choice of civilized drunks. If you aren't drinking gin, you might as well be lapping up Olde English 800 out of the dog's bowl.

Oh my.  Oh me Oh my. 

I ruined gin for myself before I got started.  Back when I was 17, the spring before graduation, I developed quite a taste for the stuff.  So what did I take to the graduation party but a quart of Beefeater.  Which I proceeded to drink 3/4's of.

It was but the first of many drunken vomits.  But it was of such depth and quality that it's effected me to this day.  I haven't touched a drop of gin since 1983, nor have I felt the slightest temptation to try it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 06:16:38 am »

One time my former roommate drank a handle of Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin in a night.[...]The guy is 21 and already has Liver polyps (sp?). 


Jesus Christ on a bike, that's fucked up. Do you think it is rad to have alcoholism, KH's ex-roommate.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 06:22:51 am »

(Also, he is 22, I am 21).

And yes, he does think it is awesome to have alcoholism.  It gets pretty annoying to me, because he is not a very good drunk.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 06:36:02 am »

I've seen my brother polish off a 5-litre box of wine in a sitting, complain that there isn't more and then still have to take four diphenhydramine pills to be able to fall asleep that night. My brother is pretty much frightening at times.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 09:05:31 pm »

This guy is essentially the same way.  One time he stole my camelback so he could drink however much it holds full of Franzia during a 50 minute class.  I think that was like 2 liters, but I don't remember.


I am the same way, but with pot, so it is much chiller.  For instance, I don't just say bitch over and over again at the end of the night, I don't fall through doors, have liver polyps, etc.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 09:07:03 pm »

A large bottle of Evan Williams and a 2-liter RC cola.

Not good times. I fell through a window.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 09:37:08 pm »

I haven't really been drinking very much at all since I graduated from college in June.

Well, there was the time back in September when I temporarily blacked out in an alley in Munich, but that's neither here nor there.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Is green beer EVER acceptable?
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 09:53:16 pm »

I also found out about good old Evan from the same kid.

Also, Early Times.  I love the names of cheap whiskeys.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up