Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sports and exercise  (Read 4422 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 02:54:43 am »


Did you just stand there and put up with it? Or did you kick him in the jimmy?

Nah, he did it out the backseat of a Towncar, flicked two dollar bills out the window and just sped off.  I didn't even realize what happened until it was too late since I was trying to remember whether or not I put up the counterfeit handicap parking permit on my rear view mirror.  Turned out I did all along.
Logged
ACHIEVE

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 03:00:59 am »

I have a yoga ball that I sit on instead of an office chair. It really helps strengthen your core.

Also, Pilates and Yoga will help a lot.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 03:04:36 am »

I have a yoga ball that I sit on instead of an office chair. It really helps strengthen your core.

Also, Pilates and Yoga will help a lot.

Dwight, is that you?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 03:07:08 am »

Playing the piano and violin since five years old make your back nice and straight for life.

Okay, don't listen to me. I just had to get that out of my system.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 03:15:30 am »

Pharoah Sanders plucked one of my nosehairs such that it made my eyes water.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 03:22:12 am »

Pharoah Sanders plucked one of my nosehairs such that it made my eyes water.
Isn't this supposed to go somewhere else? I'm trying to accomplish something here, West.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 04:22:20 pm »

Pharoah Sanders plucked one of my nosehairs such that it made my eyes water.

Huh - turns out this is exactly where this was supposed to go.

Ash, I'm curious about the balance board idea. I think I could do this at work, although I probably would have to use a ski pole because I'm not sure I can get a hockey stick up there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 04:40:20 pm »

Nah, he did it out the backseat of a Towncar, flicked two dollar bills out the window and just sped off.  I didn't even realize what happened until it was too late since I was trying to remember whether or not I put up the counterfeit handicap parking permit on my rear view mirror.  Turned out I did all along.

This made me laugh.  Two bucks, eh?  That's the going rate for "you stand there and watch as I make a lurid gesture at you" is it?  I wish I'd been paid for all the lurid gesture's I'd had thrown my way! 

Most disturbing lurid gesture moment?  Leaving the children's theatre in early winter, on a bus, I looked out the window and a teen on a bike had pulled up his shirt and was twiddling his nipple while doing the v-finger-lick at me, and his buddy, also on a bike was reaching over rubbing the other guy's belly (what?) and also making sexual motions with his tonger.  So shockingly vulgar and totally senseless.  I just stared blankly at them, not knowing what my part in this odd transaction was.

Also, as a kid I used to play floor hockey on a team named after the roller derby team the Thunderbirds.  We won the tournament. 

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 08:41:17 pm »

...I looked out the window and a teen on a bike had pulled up his shirt and was twiddling his nipple while doing the v-finger-lick at me, and his buddy, also on a bike was reaching over rubbing the other guy's belly (what?) and also making sexual motions with his tongue.  So shockingly vulgar and totally senseless.  I just stared blankly at them, not knowing what my part in this odd transaction was.

I think I might require therapy after something so random and provocative was thrown my way.  That seems so beyond the pale.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Sports and exercise
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:07 pm »

You know I'm so desensitized that it probably wouldn't have been of note if not for the total confusion I had over the situation.  I need therapy for a myriad of other reasons though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up