Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"  (Read 13193 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 10:53:17 pm »

This is actually a great idea for pornography, though, Cort.

Lengthening the titles of pornography so that they ARE the only attempt at plotting at all.

"Older Woman Inserts A Soda Can In Her pu$$y And Then Blows A Man Of A Different Ethnicity".

"Midgets Eat Poo As It Falls From The Anus Of A Woman Who Is Supposed To Be In The WNBA".

"Man Starts To Have Sex With A Lady, Who Turns Out To Be A Man, And Now He Wants It More."

Yes, it would clutter the covers and make the links to order longer but...

It would both eliminate what useless remaining attempts at plot AND serve as a sort of Truth In Pornography thingee so that... you are never in mid-stroke and suddenly disgusted.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 11:26:42 pm »

I think I just threw up in my mouth, a little.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2007, 11:46:38 pm »

Quote from: Asherdan
FUTURE NOTE: IF I USE YOU AS A BASIS OF COMPARISION IT IS EITHER VERY VERY GOOD OR VERY VERY BAD. IT WILL BE OBVIOUS WHICH IS WHICH.

Ah, okay. I... had forgotten that you are a Mod-Type who has access to technology to know that I wasn't two people, to be honest. I'm pretty caveman-like about the nuts and bolts underneath websites, even the things I do know escape me easily.

I will keep the above in mind.

Perhaps I was a bit paranoid because I looked at my profile and realized this is my... uh... Touamb birthday?... and I have managed to post way too much and... I'm pretty paranoid about my getting annoying and not knowing it until it's too late, anyway. In real life and on the computer.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2007, 11:49:30 pm »

Happy anniversary, LFM.

You are not annoying. Sometimes you need to be skimmed because life is only so long, but there are worse sins.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 12:01:02 am »

Quote from: wombat
but there are worse sins.

The part of me that is basically Roast Beef considers this turn of phrase the highest praise possible without fearing that someone is lying to me or being sarcastic. I dig it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2007, 12:32:26 am »

He isn't saying that no straight couples do this; he is saying that no one he knows does

And if you'd hold your hosses there, cappy, you'd realize that I was asking if he felt it was pretty normal to have asked everyone he knows about this subject. You know, because the only way a person can say that no one they know does a certain thing is to have asked everyone they know if they have done that thing.

If I say that no straight guy I know enjoys watching porn while he gets down with his lady, that means I have asked (for instance) my dad if he likes that thing, and I've asked my boss the same, and I've asked all the straight guys here the same. I may think I know the answer, but I can't say for sure until I ask the question. See what I meant back there, now?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 03:39:55 am »

In other words,

(No straight guy I know) watches porn with his lady

vs

No straight guy (I know watches porn with his lady)
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 04:58:31 am »

You have to be able to make some generalizations within reason.  If he had discovered a correlation among, say, eight of his ten closest friends, that's enough to at least be able to remark upon it.  I wouldn't think he'd have to go in and take up the matter with his second-grade teachers to at least form a theory of his own.  Perhaps he should have said, "No straight guy I know, whom I have asked about the matter..." but that's just getting pedantic.  Maybe I was just misreading your post, and indeed inflections are lost entirely on here, but it seemed rather condescending to ask if he was "worldly" about it, when this is such a subjective topic.

But now I'm kind of just interrupting the original topic anyway, so let me go round up my horses.
Logged
~

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2007, 05:10:31 am »

my old girlfriend would always try to give me porn suggestions, and it made me hell of uncomfortable.

...also, the kinds of porn she was into explained a lot of things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2007, 07:11:58 am »

my old girlfriend would always try to give me porn suggestions, and it made me hell of uncomfortable.

...also, the kinds of porn she was into explained a lot of things.

It's kind of awkward at first finding out your SO is into the same kind of porn you are, but after that wears off it's kind of cool. In my case, that's just about the only leisure-time thing the two of us actually have in common, except Maximum Cuddles.

And she enjoys can-rockage more than I do, which I am informed is bizarre but I roll with it.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 02:51:45 pm »

I've never watched porno with a partner. 

I did once watch porno with a friend , and his 5 gay guy friends (none were partners).  It was certainly not planned.  I was just hanging out with him, "knock, knock" at the door, in come the buddies.  "Hey we brought this tape I just got of ebay from Korea."  In the blink of an eye, I was in a room with 6 gay men, watching porn.  I just sat there confused.  Why would my buddy who I'd never watched porno with before, and who I'd been very open about having a crush on before he came out - and a group of total strangers - assume I was into watching porno with them?  Why wasn't I consulted before the tape was played?  Why did I sit there pretending to be entertained?  I remember really intensely wanting to leave, but being welded to the spot because I didn't want to be thought of as either homophobic or a prude.  I also wondered if I was interfearing with some next step in the ritual... do people really get together and just watch porn without the plan to either masterbate or copulate?  Can you just watch porn casually, as a way to pass the time?  Like a re-run of Seinfeld or something?  Because this is not how I work.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 04:54:50 pm »

Quote from: side_show
Can you just watch porn casually, as a way to pass the time?

Hell yeah. In fact, I definitely look at pornography much more often as an entertainment in terms of "can people really get off on this? I have to figure out what is so interesting about this to some weirdo" research than as gettin'-off devicery.

But watching with others is definitely weird in my book.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 07:05:35 pm »

I also wondered if I was interfearing with some next step in the ritual... do people really get together and just watch porn without the plan to either masterbate or copulate?  Can you just watch porn casually, as a way to pass the time?  Like a re-run of Seinfeld or something?  Because this is not how I work.

I've done it, certainly. This is why I talk about the "plot" -- the majority of the times I watch porn are actually with a group of friends, usually mixed-gender, with no intent on anyone getting off on it. This means that generally we rent ludicrous things (like "High Desert Pirates," which had a surprisingly elaborate rolling-pirate-ship set, a subplot about "nuclearized anthrax," and a greasy guy in a poncho who never appeared in any porn scenes) such that they can be mocked. (Admittedly, for "High Desert Pirates," most of the fun was spending a good 20 minutes wandering around the porn room at Movie Gallery and laughing hysterically while choosing a film. "Hey guys!! Can we get 'Unusual Gay Cocks?' Seriously, look at this cover -- they're unusual!!")
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2007, 01:01:58 am »

You have to be able to make some generalizations within reason.  If he had discovered a correlation among, say, eight of his ten closest friends, that's enough to at least be able to remark upon it.  I wouldn't think he'd have to go in and take up the matter with his second-grade teachers to at least form a theory of his own.  Perhaps he should have said, "No straight guy I know, whom I have asked about the matter..." but that's just getting pedantic.

There's a big range in between the one and the other.

Maybe I was just misreading your post, and indeed inflections are lost entirely on here, but it seemed rather condescending to ask if he was "worldly" about it, when this is such a subjective topic.

But now I'm kind of just interrupting the original topic anyway, so let me go round up my horses.

You were misreading my post. It wasn't condescending. You are new. I'm a cock. You got no dog in this fight.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

ack-47

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Re: March 27, 2007 - "I Need To See This As A Challenge"
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 03:58:03 am »

I've done it, certainly. This is why I talk about the "plot" -- the majority of the times I watch porn are actually with a group of friends, usually mixed-gender, with no intent on anyone getting off on it. This means that generally we rent ludicrous things (like "High Desert Pirates," which had a surprisingly elaborate rolling-pirate-ship set, a subplot about "nuclearized anthrax," and a greasy guy in a poncho who never appeared in any porn scenes) such that they can be mocked. (Admittedly, for "High Desert Pirates," most of the fun was spending a good 20 minutes wandering around the porn room at Movie Gallery and laughing hysterically while choosing a film. "Hey guys!! Can we get 'Unusual Gay Cocks?' Seriously, look at this cover -- they're unusual!!")

Canned for being so kind as to explain Unusual Gay Cocks.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up