Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerry Falwell dead  (Read 7080 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Jerry Falwell dead
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:38:01 pm »

On the news of Rev. Falwell's passing, I have this to say:

"        "

Because that's what Momma told me to do.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:43:40 pm »

Can'd
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:46:15 am »

Liberty University ladies are some of the neediest lovers on the planet. It is my theory that he attracted this exact breed of female to his school. So that he could give them what they need
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 03:12:10 am »

While Golfhaus hits it on the head, here is what I said to my SO "I hope he ends up in the exact heaven he believed in, only to realize how boring and useless such a place would be.  'Welcome to the hell of your own making, Jerry.'"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:25:36 am »

I won't speak ill of the dead, but I have plenty of ill to say about some of the things he said.  On the other hand, Fred Phelps is still alive, and deserving of any posthumous vitriol that you might be tempted to toss at Rev. Falwell.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 07:18:29 am »

This actually depressed me a little, even though I'm not in your country, just because once someone is dead they are immediately imagined to have been approximately 100 times better than they actually were, and that's just for regular obituaries. If these dudes didn't hate catholics (American evangelicals generally hate catholics right? I'm basically working of jack chick in making this assumption) I'm sure there'd already be a movement to canonize him.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 02:33:11 pm »

I won't speak ill of the dead, but I have plenty of ill to say about some of the things he said.  On the other hand, Fred Phelps is still alive, and deserving of any posthumous vitriol that you might be tempted to toss at Rev. Falwell.

Oh, I ain't got such shame. I will shamelessly flog that motherfucker as hard as I can. That man was complete and utter scum; a sanctimonious godbag; a self-righteous asswipe; a man who is now getting what he had comin' all these years. I hope that he's roasting in hell as we speak.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 02:46:33 pm »

Liberty University ladies are some of the neediest lovers on the planet. It is my theory that he attracted this exact breed of female to his school. So that he could give them what they need

Liberty's gotta be an interesting school.  Do kids drink there?  Smoke?  Have sex?  Is there a small contingent of party kids who got railroaded into going there by their parents?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:49 pm »

My in-laws live in Lynchburg, and say of Liberty that the students fit into two categories:

1) The ones that believe, not just in Jesus, but in Jerry. That feel that going to Liberty is part of an overall plan to make society a better, more Christian place (and that feel that those two qualifiers are mutually inclusive).

2) The ones that grew up in Lynchburg and just kinda fell in there by default.

Word on the street is that in LYH, the ones in group number two are the killer drug connection.

As for the others, it wasn't until a few years ago that Jerry let his hair down and started letting women wear slacks on campus. Up to that point, it was ankle-length dresses only. And there were students who complained about the "message" that decision sent.

My personal Jerry addendum: We are in the process of moving our belongings from our soon-to-be-sold condo in Newport News to our soon-to-be-bought house in Charlotte. This will require an intermediate stop for our belongings in Lynchburg in the interregnum. As I work for an airline, I was planning to fly back to Charlotte from Lynchburg on Sunday, but since I only get on the planes if there are empty seats, Jerry's death has severely screwed up my plans.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 12:40:19 am »

PS Golfhaus if you ever want to hang out with a 19-year-old boy (man?) who lives in South Charlotte, I may be able to hook you up.

By which I mean, me. And by 19, I mean... in 6 days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 12:54:12 am »

Dang, inev.  It just occurred to me that the Olsen twins' 18th birthday was a total non-event for you.  I mean, not that in any real sense it was an event for the rest of us, but the virtual panting over the internet leading up to that day was something to behold.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:00:29 am »

Yeah, dude. All this time we've been waiting, you could've been banging them all along. No sloppy seconds for YOU, young man.

And how does one of them show up in the Maxim Hot 100 and not the other? I don't get that.

At any rate, I knew you were younger than the average here, but I didn't think you were (not even!) 19. I was guessing 21, 22. We may be on to something here. Perhaps a CLT Acheweekend.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 06:10:47 am »

I hope that he's roasting in hell as we speak.

There is no hell.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 06:32:52 am »

[HEAVEN]

"Hey Falwell! Grab a brew! Welcome to the afterlife!"
*looks over a man who looks vaguely like a mix of The Dude and George Carlin* "And... who are you?"
"I'm God."
"..."
*walking off towards a hot tub, with bikini'd babes* "Yeah man! If you want, you should go check out that weed they have out back, it's some good shit!"

Falwell will start a bitter club with a bunch of other anti-fun religious types. They would sit in the corner and just pray real hard that this is just a test, and the real God is watching.
And he is watching. On the other side of the room, with some more hot chicks, and he's really concerned about why those guys over there won't enjoy his party.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry Falwell dead
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 09:04:15 am »

So God is basically Ray and Falwell is Pat.
This makes sense to me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up