Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's  (Read 12884 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:42:17 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:19:31 pm »

I am more pissed 'bout the Strummer thing, but you know, it is lame either way.

Also, this reminds me of a story I heard a while ago were the singer of the Eels was asked to write a preface/intro/whatever for Cobain's "Journal".  He wrote something along the lines of "I hope you don't do this to me when I kill myself."  Needless to say, it was not used.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 08:15:16 pm »

for the record: this somehow snuck past the upper-level people at Doc Marten. They are hell of pissed, and fired the ad agency.

I mean, plus, he normally wore chucks. you thought I was going to put that picture of just his Chucks when he was dead, didn't you you sick fuck!

PS in the picture I almost linked to, he had a gun in his mouth.

PPS I have that poster in my room.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:26:40 pm »

I've told my special ladyfriend that if I ever attain any kind of societal note, never sell my likeness.   I couldn't bear this level of powdered up necrophilia.   I believe I was watching a KFC ad at the time, where they had an animated Sanders dancing the Cabbage Patch while singing, "GO COLONEL, GO COLONEL!"
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:17:03 pm »

I'm sorry smick, but your lady friend and I are already working on a line of stern, basic quality party stuffs to market to parents of poorly behaved children called "smick's choice" got after you pass. For the record it was her idea to animate your mouth as you say such catch phrases as "that's your sugar allotment for the day, buddy" and "you had a corner piece last year" and "oh, don't you dare complain about the vegan egg replacement product."  Personally, I found it a little off-putting, but she really digs it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:21:20 pm »

Not that anyone would want to use my likeness for anything, dead or alive, but I registered to be a face donor so someone could walk around looking like me after I've gone.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 04:08:04 am »

Wow. That is crazy. Can't say I'm surprised. Companies will stop at nothing to hawk their goods, and flogging a dead hoss is not beneath them.

Is it some kind of lame joke that the Doc sturdiness will protect your toes even after you kick the bucket? what the fuck are they trying to say here?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 04:22:09 am »

What they are trying to say is that they have no goddamn class and they are totally sick of how popular their product is so they're going to piss off as many people as possible.
And surely their estates must have agreed to this shit too? What the hell Kurt Kobain's estate? Are all the terrible fuck*ng t-shirts not enough?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 04:23:53 am »

Fuck Kurt Cobain.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 04:49:30 am »

Seriously.  I mean it. 

Fuck fuck*ng Kurt Cobain.

Do you know what Kurt Cobain represents to me?

Kurt Cobain is when rock music changed from being about screaming to being about whining.

Seriously.  Fuck that. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 05:13:29 am »

Kurt looks so peaceful sittin' up there on that cloud.  I love it.

Me, i'm not going to die.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 05:15:02 am »

Me, i'm not going to die.

I am 100% in favor of that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 06:47:19 am »

If I had to meet Kurt Cobaine I don't think I'd want to die either.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 09:19:27 am »

Seriously.  I mean it. 

Fuck fuck*ng Kurt Cobain.

Do you know what Kurt Cobain represents to me?

Kurt Cobain is when rock music changed from being about screaming to being about whining.

Seriously.  Fuck that. 

Dig.  I fell the same about the Smashing Pumpkins, but didn't want to shit on everyones parade in the other thread.  It was real tempting though, which is why I am doing it now.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Cobain sells Doc's
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 12:13:15 pm »

I don't know, I really loved Nirvana's music a great deal, but yeah for sure he sure spawned a double assload of really really really crappy imitators. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up