To drag this thread back onto the previous off-topic tangent:
I can accept both sides of the name-changing argument, but what always confuses me is the assertion that a woman wanting to keep her surname is somehow a selgiraffe, dickish, or "uppity" move. Certainly, you can be a dick about it, much as you can be a dick about everything -- but why is the selgiraffe one here a woman who wants to keep the name she's always had, as opposed to the man who wants her to change it to his? I think this must be tied to the bizarre cultural idea that anything not explicitly or implicitly male-biased is by definition "female-biased." As a blogger whose name I can't remember pointed out, both parties in a marriage keeping their last names is the most strictly equal arrangement imaginable; why is it considered to represent some bias towards the woman?
Basically, what I'm saying here is, regardless of your decision, keeping (or not keeping) your name isn't something you should have to make apologies or excuses for. I have my reasons -- but why should I have to justify a choice that pretty much effects only the signifier of my identity, just because that choice isn't necessarily traditional.