Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino  (Read 8267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 01:39:41 am »

I used to think that "Roman candle" was a crazy euphemism for "early Christian." 


Well, if it isn't I intend to work hard to make it one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 01:45:48 am »

I was all going to propose on a trip to Vegas.  I wanted to get a gondola ride at the Venetian and pull the ring out there.  But early in the weekend she said "Everyone at work thinks you're going to propose this weekend.  Ha ha isn't that funny?"  And we were in the World's Largest Gift Shop she picked up an enormous novelty ring with a plastic "diamond" about two inches wide, put it on and said "Shoud I show this to everyone at work?"  So I was all "Shit, she thinks the notion of getting engaged now is ridiculous," and I just walked around with the ring in my jacket pocket all weekend.

I finally proposedl something like six weeks later, on a rocky beach on Tilghman Island, on the eastern shore of Maryland.  Later I told her about the Vegas thing and she felt kind of bad about it.

You know, when I saw the movie "Meet the Parents," it kicks off with the guy all set to propose to his girl, then needing to back down.  It IMMEDIATELY turned me off to the movie, and I found it cringeworthy all the way through as a result.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 03:55:12 am »

The movie was pretty cringeworthy by any measure.  There's something about Ben Stiller and suffering in his films that puts me off.

Anyone seen "Envy"?  Horrid.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 06:24:11 am »

I saw "Meet the Fockers" with my parents and grandparents, and the cringe rating was so severe that I don't dare see the first one. I think my head might explode from secondhand shame.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2007, 06:43:01 am »

I think that I must have an overinflated superego or something, because I find most movies cringeworthy. I hate seeing characters make idiots out of themselves. Or like "Catch Me If You Can," it was so crazy and nervewracking that I just couldn't watch it.

I had to watch that one night last winter when we had a boat fire. They had to wait for the fire marshal and arson investigators to come out, so we had to monitor the ship and check for listing 24/7. I sat in our medic car with our paramedic and she wanted to watch CMIYC. So that's how I whiled away the hours between 0200 and 0400 that day.

Even wearing my fire bunkers, I got a little cold after all that sitting around.


Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 12:57:53 pm »

This is why I basically hide during the Michael Scott parts of The Office. What with all the cringing and all.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: June 5th 2007 - a hand-flavor Frappuccino
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:29 pm »

Oh god... the UK office does that to me times 10.

Watching the direct interview parts with Ricky Gervais made me feel exactly like I feel when I'm trapped into a conversation with someone I can't stand.  I wanted to say to the television, "OK, I'll let you go." or "Sorry, gotta run, I've got a bunch of work to get done, and I'm really busy.  We'll have to get together sometime." and then never call it back.

On top of that, I love the series.  What the hell does that say?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up