Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend (10-10-03)  (Read 5312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 09:22:20 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
armchair xenologists


Oh, V, if you weren't our last hope for stock titles, I'd love to see that as yours.

We gotta get some other big posters with stock titles ASAP!

edit for on-topic-ness
I liked the strip loads. I'm not one to complain about a strip. Variety Hour? Yeah, I complained, especially if it meant no strip for the day. No one's mentioned the fact (to my recollection) that this isn't even information we couldn't have discerned on our own. A more important question about the Underground, especially now that we've been told what we have, is how did Beef and Ray get the car down there?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 09:27:40 pm »

umm...because they are cartoons and not subject to the realities of time and space?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 10:04:20 pm »

He had mentioned the Underground before on the old board before there was ever any mention of it in the strip.

I'm desperately trying not to turn into one of the alt.simpsons geeks who think minor background jokes are proof that the writers read their posts. It's really hard to to fight the thoughts though. You guys are my support group.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2003, 10:30:56 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I'm desperately trying not to turn into one of the alt.simpsons geeks who think minor background jokes are proof that the writers read their posts. It's really hard to to fight the thoughts though. You guys are my support group.


I'm absolutely with V on that one. Letting O' ride with it. I just want him to go on doing it and I'll follow on and enjoy it when I do, and keep quiet (moderately, and if I don't it's just me saying so, not hassling anyone) when I don't.

And CortJstr, surely we turned into alt.achewood a looooong time ago! Hell the fact this board was set up within like 2 hours or something similarly scary when the word came proves it.
And the fact that we constantly know where to go to find the old strips that show something linked to the new ones is more proof.
Gotta love it!

:delicious:
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 10:59:46 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
armchair xenologists


Oh, V, if you weren't our last hope for stock titles, I'd love to see that as yours.

I'll have to see how fast I can get to 1000 (or whatever the arbitrary stock cutoff is) so that I can finally cash this beast in. AlohaDawg's doin' fine on this "post count" thing, too.

Anyway... I always presumed that they drove the car in the 'human' parts of the world, before taking it and going to Underground points (manhole covers &c). Consider the conversation between Ray and Beef about what happens if a human cop pulls them over -- obviously the car's not going entirely into the Underground.

Yes, I'm a nitpicker. But I like this. Live and let live, I say.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 01:24:37 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
We gotta get some other big posters with stock titles ASAP!

I'm trying! Do you know how hard it is to break out of a lifetime of lurking?

I have to admit, I was nervous when I first saw today's strip. But at least the format is interesting (i.e. it ain't a straight 4-8-whatever panel comic).  And somehow, the phrasing and voice really remind me of Everything is Illuminated. Of course, since I'm reading it right now, a lot of things remind me of Everything is Illuminated.

'Twill be interesting to see where this goes.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 04:32:34 am »

Actually, I think 1250 is the last rank - well, except for the special rank I set up when one goes well beyond the realm of reason and into the oddly obsessive - it's a high number and a high rank that I don't expect anyone to ever achieve.

Although I post on DVDTalk.com and people there have posts into the tens of thousands.  Scary.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2003, 02:59:08 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
&c


Still my favorite.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Oct. 10 Primer - A Dubious trend
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2003, 05:28:09 pm »

Just reminded me to start using &c. again. Always knew of it but fell in love with it reading Snow Crash.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up