Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Poll

What's on your bumper

I don't deface my car with trivia
Nothing - haven't gotten my favourite thing made into one yet
Something PG or tamer
Something obscene
Something political
All my opinions are available on the back of my ride.
Something Achewood

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bumper stickers?  (Read 9276 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Bumper stickers?
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:47:23 pm »

I used to be an Option 1.  Now I'm a 2.  Which is amusing considering I'm tattoo'd.  Easier to mark my skin than my car I guess.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:59:45 pm »

I used to have a Howard Dean, a Radiohead and a "If you think putting on a condom is hard, try it with paws:  Have your pets spayed or neutered" bumper stickers.  Now, I have some remains of the cheap ass Radiohead one, but besides that they are all gone.  I may or may not put more bumper stickers on my car, but I doubt they will be political.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 12:23:29 am »

I had a bunch in high school. Now I just have a Mary dot and a parking permit. Which expired Saturday, now that I think about it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 12:25:16 am »

"If you think putting on a condom is hard, try it with paws:  Have your pets spayed or neutered"

That is excellent.

I have What We Need More of is Science on my dashboard where I can enjoy it myself.  On the bumper I have two pug-related stickers. (A neighbor introduced me to her new roommate by saying "She drives the Pug Bug.")  In my drawer I have a Republicans for Voldemort that I have never gotten the nerve to put on the car.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 01:17:06 am »

Mrs. West put a "Keep Louisville Weird" sticker on the back of the Ranger.  I think that's the only one on any of the vehicles.  I'm generally an Option A type of guy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 01:18:34 am »

I'm generally an Option A type of guy.

Only, not exactly.  It's not about not defacing the vehicle -- I'm a huge slob.  It's more that I don't wear my opinions on my sleeve (or my bumper.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 01:27:42 am »

I have an Alaska State Firefighters Association sticker and an NREMT (blue star of life) sticker on there. Well, I had them on my rig in AK, but I'm going to put them on my new vehicle when I get one.

I'm a big fan of innocuous stickers. Plus, I always try to trash cars that have those annoying anti-abortion stickers on 'em.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 01:41:44 am »

On an old car I had a "Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican" sticker.

My last car was adorned with a "Militant Agnostic: I don't know and you don't either" sticker.

My current car just has a small Redskins sticker to the left, and a small Tony Stewart sticker to the right.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 01:53:31 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 01:54:13 am »

Unamerican HELL YES.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 02:17:49 am »

I chose option 1, which is funny considering I drive an artcar.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38:10 am »

I guess I am 3, 4, 5 & 7.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 02:44:10 am »

My last car was adorned with a "Militant Agnostic: I don't know and you don't either" sticker.


This is also quite excellent.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 03:19:52 am »

Only, not exactly.  It's not about not defacing the vehicle -- I'm a huge slob.  It's more that I don't wear my opinions on my sleeve (or my bumper.)

I am the same way-- even when I had bumper stickers I looked down on any type of writing on tees (it is either free advertising or a really dumb way to say things).  Now all the stickers are gone, but I would get one like the spayed or neutered one again-- it is funny, a good cause, and not really something that is, idk, like, uh... no one will make a profit?  Basically it was funny.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 03:22:11 am »

I guess I am 3, 4, 5 & 7.

With the tiny writing at the bottom of the punk one you're going to get rear ended by someone trying to get close enough to read.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up