Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348616 times)

0 Members and 212 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8880 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:43 am »

Sorry dude, but you know...FREEDOM!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8881 on: January 06, 2011, 10:59:28 am »

fuck*ng phone break ups. That happened to me recently and I was amazed that anyone over the age of 16 thought it was acceptable.
Internet bro-fist dude, just hunker down, crank the 'fuck you' tunes and wait till it feels better.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8882 on: January 06, 2011, 01:43:40 pm »

I know this feels like shit now, but it is for the best. You can do better.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8883 on: January 06, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »

What Wombat and Choop said.  Been there, done that, things turned out OK.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8884 on: January 06, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »

fuck*ng hell. Sorry, dude. Phone breakups are low, especially when you're at work.

If it helps, I have a maternal urge to drive up there and kick her ass for you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8885 on: January 06, 2011, 03:07:29 pm »

fuck. if I stop going to parties she will be at, and seeing mutual friends, I wil have no friends in this city.

also, why am I shivering uncontrollably. This is a new one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8886 on: January 06, 2011, 04:08:17 pm »

It didn't seem like that person was very good at the communication. I wish you better in the future.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8887 on: January 06, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »

Also, today I'm going to go to my morning meeting, and out of the daydream fog I'm going to hear my boss use the word "comfortability". I can get behind that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8888 on: January 06, 2011, 04:17:00 pm »

yeah, telling me she wants to talk about our communication issues and then dumping me the next day is final proof of that.

I guess this is what I should have expected, for so many reasons. Finding out she works out problems by writing about them in her journal and never, ever telling anyone about them was kind of a warning sign. Maybe that works for some people, but that is so unbelievably incompatible with how I work.

she said she "wants to be single for a while," so I'm calling new make-out-pal/boyfriend within 2 months. she has a fantasy that she is this Mary Tyler Moore it-girl single lady that is just... not what she is actually like at all.

OK, if I am contacting organizations where I really really want to work to ask whether they are hiring, do I include a resume? Do I talk about why I want to work there/relevant experience, or do I keep it short and sweet?
The main justification for working in a fuck*ng grocery store just went out the window. New year, I feel like I've learned what I am going to learn from this job, time to move on to bigger/better things that don't make me ashamed to tell people where I work.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:27:53 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8889 on: January 06, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »

thing that will make Ash smile:

a guy I know applied for a lifting/carrying/stacking job, and was told "you don't have enough experience."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8890 on: January 06, 2011, 05:08:02 pm »

Today I'm gonna wake up at 4 am with my ears ringing like mad. I don't know where that came from, I thought that problem had gone for good.

Then I'm gonna go to the DMV to renew my license with all this documentation that I thought I needed because they didn't mail me the simple mail-in renewal. I had had quite a nervous breakdown about this, because it's been years since I last saw my social security card. But it turned out they didn't need any of that stuff and had no idea why I didn't get the mail-in form.

Then I'm gonna stare at the computer and try to decide whether to I can justify taking to my bed with a headache instead of starting to work on the edited manuscript I just got back.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8891 on: January 06, 2011, 05:30:38 pm »

software release same day as datacenter outage


awesome
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8892 on: January 06, 2011, 06:12:24 pm »

she said she "wants to be single for a while," so I'm calling new make-out-pal/boyfriend within 2 months.

I will not bet against you on this.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8893 on: January 06, 2011, 06:48:58 pm »

-OR- she'll beg you for forgiveness and another chance
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8894 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:34 pm »

-OR- she'll beg you for forgiveness and another chance

Oh, fuck that.

I do not want to read that story. If that happens, please start a new thread that I can skip reading.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 878   Go Up