Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS  (Read 6268 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 09:55:51 pm »

this is why I had trouble explaining how I met A-CAP. "I knew him... from the internet."

Apparently to most of my friends, The Internet means one of three things:
-I met him in some sort of gay-cybersex chatroom
-he was stalking me.
-I was stalking him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 10:01:05 pm »

this is why I had trouble explaining how I met A-CAP. "I knew him... from the internet."

Apparently to most of my friends, The Internet means one of three things:
-I met him in some sort of gay-cybersex chatroom
-he was stalking me.
-I was stalking him.

CAN'D. The internet has kind of a bad reputation hell of bad reputation as a way to meet people.
Logged

Leon

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 10:45:19 pm »


Chaps with C-Cups ?

and you wonder why the internet has a bad name
Logged
... Boned ?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 11:05:09 pm »

My primary social outlet is an IRC server, so there is little surprise there about me knowing people through MBs.

It took a while for it to sink in to my family that these are actual people, though. And then my mother discovered a MB for doll collectors and suddenly grasped the concept.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 12:18:59 am »

'The internet lady who went to Alaska and lived'

This character, and a number of others, are common topics of conversation in the Wombat household. The Technical Staff will sometimes inquire as to the wellbeing of one or the other of you.  He was particularly fascinated by the Alaska thing though, because he is obsessed with snow.

I also sometimes mention messageboard stories elsewhere and say a vague thing like it's from 'someone I know'.  I'll say it's an internet person when pressed, but if I say it up front it seems to distract from the point.  I guess I lot of people think like inev's friends.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 12:30:13 am »

The year I got to call a bunch of you for my birthday, my Mom was vaguely creeped out.  That is still one of the best birthday presents I've ever had.  Although this coming birthday I will be able to hold my three week old second-born child on my birthday, and that will probably be better.  No offense.  It's just that last time I had a baby he was born three weeks after my birthday, so all I got on my actual bday was a steak dinner and no wine, and also braxton-hicks contractions and lower back pain. 

Point is, when something comes up in meat life (love that phrase), I just say "this guy I know was on Jeopardy, he was up against Lex Luthor," or "my friend worked at the National Zoo and let me touch a naked mole rat, and it felt like a flaccid penis."  Usually it ends there, especially with the latter story, because y'all are so interesting that most people care more about the story itself than how I actually know all these amazing people. 

But when it does come up, I'm all, "yeah, we met on a message board about a comic strip."  And people are usually like, "okay, wierd..." and then I'm all, "I'm really famous on the internet, but nobody knows it.  Like MC Frontalot."  And then they back away slowly, and I'm reminded why I like you people better than nearly everybody else I encounter. 

In other words, fuck meatbags. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 12:50:41 am »

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 12:56:27 am »

fuck meatbags. 

Early and often.

I also enjoy fuck*ng funbags. Although motorboating is a fun warm-up.



Thread convergence!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 01:24:15 am »

I am so glad to hear that that naked mole rat story is still being told.  I don't have anywhere near enough excuses to mention that fact in my life right now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 01:38:29 am »

Man when I first got the net (around late 90s) my ICQ list was just full of people from the internet, that's what it was for and I thought it was super-rad. Now no one wants to make new friends and this makes me sad.

I talk about you guys to my Lady but rarely otherwise, not for any shame reason necessarily I just tend not to cross pollinate my social groups.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 02:37:07 am »

Rocketry?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 03:46:12 am »

This character, and a number of others, are common topics of conversation in the Wombat household. The Technical Staff will sometimes inquire as to the wellbeing of one or the other of you.  He was particularly fascinated by the Alaska thing though, because he is obsessed with snow.

I also sometimes mention messageboard stories elsewhere and say a vague thing like it's from 'someone I know'.  I'll say it's an internet person when pressed, but if I say it up front it seems to distract from the point.  I guess I lot of people think like inev's friends.

Heh, I love the term "The Wombat Household". Tiny can. I like the fact that I got to share my AK adventure with you guys.

The year I got to call a bunch of you for my birthday, my Mom was vaguely creeped out.  That is still one of the best birthday presents I've ever had.  Although this coming birthday I will be able to hold my three week old second-born child on my birthday, and that will probably be better.  No offense.  It's just that last time I had a baby he was born three weeks after my birthday, so all I got on my actual bday was a steak dinner and no wine, and also braxton-hicks contractions and lower back pain. 

Point is, when something comes up in meat life (love that phrase), I just say "this guy I know was on Jeopardy, he was up against Lex Luthor," or "my friend worked at the National Zoo and let me touch a naked mole rat, and it felt like a flaccid penis."  Usually it ends there, especially with the latter story, because y'all are so interesting that most people care more about the story itself than how I actually know all these amazing people. 

But when it does come up, I'm all, "yeah, we met on a message board about a comic strip."  And people are usually like, "okay, wierd..." and then I'm all, "I'm really famous on the internet, but nobody knows it.  Like MC Frontalot."  And then they back away slowly, and I'm reminded why I like you people better than nearly everybody else I encounter. 

In other words, fuck meatbags. 

Sweeeeet! I almost got to see Frontalot at the PAX convention in Seattle in 2004, right before I moved to Alaska. However, the event coordinators did not provide for an auditorium large enough for all convention attendees. There were thousands there, but the auditorium was really tiny. The folks who got in were the ones who forewent all convention activities to camp out for Frontalot tickets.

I'm jealous that some of y'all got to meet. Worse, I could have met AD and his family and probably have gone shootin' when I visited Hawaii in '05 but I did not think to mention the trip before I went. :( I want to do some kind of TOUAMBICON.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »

I almost got to see Frontalot at the PAX convention in Seattle in 2004, right before I moved to Alaska. However, the event coordinators did not provide for an auditorium large enough for all convention attendees. There were thousands there, but the auditorium was really tiny. The folks who got in were the ones who forewent all convention activities to camp out for Frontalot tickets.

I've seen him in concert twice, since he comes to Chapel Hill annually.  He is great on stage but even greater off -- the place he plays in Raleigh is a really small venue, and he sits at the place's only booth after the show to sell t-shirts and shoot the shit with his fans.  I have such an enormous crush on him that I have to get extremely intoxicated during the show so I can talk to him afterwards. 

This past year I knitted toques for Front and his band, I wish I'd taken photos.  Front's had "FRONT" really big in the front and "back" really small on the back.  Gaby, the bassist, got one that said "all your bass are belong to us."  Brandon (keyboards) got a Space Invaders theme and the new drummer (he replaced Badd Spellah but I don't remember his name) got Breakout.  They were very gracious and wore the hats on stage even though it was, like, 95 degrees in the bar. 

Also, the baby I am currently carrying was conceived the night of the most recent Front concert.  So I'm pretty convinced that I'm having a Bizzaro Genius Baby.  Either that, or a tiny MC.  We'll see if next month's ultrasound reveals a tiny microphone. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 04:50:21 pm »

this is why I had trouble explaining how I met A-CAP. "I knew him... from the internet."

Apparently to most of my friends, The Internet means one of three things:
-I met him in some sort of gay-cybersex chatroom
-he was stalking me.
-I was stalking him.

I refer to you all as 'my internet friends' or 'my friends i met on the inernet' when I bring you up in real conversation. So, imaginary internet friends, any time you need help moving or fixing something I glady offer my imaginary help.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: August 14th 2007: DOGS WITH HOGGS
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 06:22:06 pm »

Legal class hard propellant rockets. Ever since the Indian Guide fiasco little dude days my oldest has liked launching stuff into the sky. Me too. Now that he's older he builds his own from scratch kits and has learned about design flaws and construction weaknesses causing flight instability or worse.
That's part of the blowing stuff up fun. We haven't been able to send up anything big lately, the rangers would gaffle us up quick 'cause of the fire hazard this year any place half local to us. Going into the local high schools back fields and sending up some C engine stuff is still worth it, though.

I'll never forget the 4 foot tall to-scale Saturn V with 3 'D' Engines. Lifted off slow and picked up speed just like the real thing. I wish I would have had multiple stages but I think we would never have found it afterwards.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up