Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"  (Read 8192 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hoogli44

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 04:39:22 pm »

I love how Ray says "Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!" You don't pull that sh*t with Ray, Todd! That might fly with Lyle or Blister or Blister's Ghost! But not with Ray!
It's almost like Ray has seen Todd do cocaine at someone before.
Logged
I have no explanation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »

I am always amazed when shit like that gets caught. I always think "damn, that was such a good plan. whitey would never figure that out."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 05:32:31 pm »

I am always amazed when shit like that gets caught. I always think "damn, that was such a good plan. whitey would never figure that out."

That kind of move takes some serious cajones, dude. "Listen up, fellas. I bought us a submarine and we're gonna move 4,989 kilos of cocaine into the US." I wonder if this was the maiden voyage or if they'd done it before. Crazy. I almost feel bad for them - dudes, you put all your eggs into one basket and now they've all been seized. But then I come to my senses and think about all the people who get killed because of the drug trade.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 05:52:05 pm »

Yea, they really went balls out on this one. No balloons up anuses for them. Im kind of curious as to what the hell they were going to do with all that dope once they hit the border. Four little guys with 5.5 tons of anything is a little ridiculous. Were they going to just straight up dock a submarine and hold out till the big rig arrives? The world is a fuck*ng complicated place and we are fuck*ng complicated people.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:18:51 pm »

"Listen up, fellas. I bought us a submarine and we're gonna move 4,989 kilos of cocaine into the US."
Im kind of curious as to what the hell they were going to do with all that dope once they hit the border. Four little guys with 5.5 tons of anything is a little ridiculous. Were they going to just straight up dock a submarine and hold out till the big rig arrives?

The power of the free market (black as this one may be) is something awesome to behold.  Stuff like this is why the war on drugs is such a futile enterprise (or a Sisyphian cash cow if you're in drug suppressing law enforcement).  Bomb the Colombians, burn Afghanistan to the ground, encircle the US in razorwire and laser-wielding rednecks - all it does is make the trade more lucrative.  Constant demand, decreasing supply, profits through the roof = bulging prisons of losers willing to gamble and lose for a chance at the big payoff.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

kage23

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 07:45:28 pm »

It's interesting that Philippe is five and is having a birthday where he turns five.  I know it's an inevitable consequence of having characters that don't age, but it always seems weird to me.  Does that mean that his previous birthdays take place on the same day as this strip, or does this replace them in continuity, or does he literally just turn five again every year?  And if so, when was he actually born?  I got distracted by thinking about that and couldn't really enjoy the rest of the strip, sorry.

I don't know, I think it makes at least some amount of sense. I mean, I've had stuffed animals before, and they never grew. Granted, they weren't alive, but they always stayed the same size/shape. If Phillippe is an Alive Stuffed Five-Year-Old Otter, then he will always be five years old. Similarly, Cornelius must have always been, if not old, at least sophisticated.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:59 am »

Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 09:00:06 pm »

Quote

Durham police have arrested a 93-year-old man on cocaine-trafficking and related charges.

William C. Tinnen was arrested Thursday during a raid at 204 Teel St., police said in a news release issued today. Police spokeswoman Kammie Michael said she assumed police had a tip that drug activity was taking place there.

In addition to trafficking, Tinnen is charged with possession of cocaine with the intent to sell or deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and maintaining a dwelling for the sale of drugs. Officers also confiscated three firearms from the house. Investigators confiscated 11 grams of cocaine, 70 grams of methamphetamine and a Ford pickup truck.

because owning a ford pickup truck is evidently a crime.

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 08:43:24 am »

Does that mean that his previous birthdays take place on the same day as this strip, or does this replace them in continuity, or does he literally just turn five again every year?  And if so, when was he actually born?

Philippe is five.  He was born in 1997.  Last Wednesday was his fifth birthday.  Earlier, he was probably older than that.  He has always been a little retarded.

I'd also like to point out re: this whole cocaine sub deal:  Don't give those guys too much credit for their ingenuity.  Believe it or not, moving coke with submarines actually isn't a new idea.  Nor was theirs the ballsiest execution of that idea, for that matter.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 04:55:56 pm »

because owning a ford pickup truck is evidently a crime.



Yay!  This took place in the next city over from where I live!  Go, Durham Police!  Keep those elderly drug traffickers off the street.  I guess that's one way to save money on incarcerating criminals.  Wait 'til they're at death's door, then arrest them. 

Cocaine keeps him young. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: August 22, 2007 - "Don't do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!"
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 04:58:12 pm »

oh, damn, that Durham?? That Durham is cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up