Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have the guts?  (Read 38740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2007, 10:53:44 pm »

I just really like Reno. I used to live there, and contrary to popular belief, its a great city.



Are you yelling REEENNNNOOOO!!! in that picture?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2007, 11:35:32 pm »

Is this idea crazy: A drawing of a can of spinache from Popeye (properly Thimble Theater) on my (nonexistent) bicep?

Only current tattoo: small drawing of a pocket knife, done to look like an R. Crumb drawing (not a particular one, just his style) and to evoke the ending Rushmore (like Max I get myself in trouble having too many interests / hobbies at once)
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 07:53:28 am »

I really want ink, and I've known for years exactly what I want. I won't go into specifics right now, because it's still only a possibity on paper. I'll be general: Two fairly prominent tats depicting symbols of my religion, in places where you can't see them unless I have my shirt off. I worked out the symbolism, and I'm especially proud of my ideas for the placement. I haven't done it, though, nor do I think I will anytime soon, because I don't want to make a Permanent Decision while I am in the mental state in which I am currently. Also, I am really unhealthily obsessed with quality, especially in a Permanent Decision, to the point where if I had the cash, I would literally scour the world looking for the right artist. The way my brain works, I literally can't imagine anyone finding satisfaction with someone in their local area.


That lady's pu$$y was scary. Why... why would someone do that? Why? My brain hurts. I had to look at a regular pu$$y for a while right after, to cleanse my brain, if you will. I think I'm gonna be ok now. As for that guy, I didn't think that a c*ck tattoo was even possible. The c*ck is a very vascular area. Wouldn't there be bleeding, so much that it wouldn't be medically advisable? Especially with that amount of coverage. Yikes.

Also, what if it became a Thing to call Him The Guy? I, too, totally dig what He said, but don't like all the trappings of contemporary associations with that particular crowd sometimes. With the right understanding behind it, The Dude or the Man or the Guy as a moniker would be heck of respectful. With the right understanding behind it, provided.

Also, Mr. Trout, you have introduced me to a totally novel concept: tattoos of math equations. I am so behind that. Really. I mean, besides a person just basically liking math, it totally makes sense to put an immutable law of the universe into a Permanent thing. You can break up with a dude/lady, but math is forever. (Except for some areas, of course.)
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 08:02:55 am »

a guy on the floor below me has a pretty well-done DNA tattoo.
it's around his calf, though, which seems foolish.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 01:26:42 pm »

My favorite tattoo that I've seen on a stranger, was a guy who had a realistic looking zipper tattooed on the back of his neck, like he's slippet into his human suit and zipped up.  I liked that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 05:16:45 pm »

My aunt's boyfriend has a dude mowing a lawn on his skull, because he is bald.

My grandmother doesn't like him very much and is incredibly vocal about this.

My aunt is in her middle-fifties.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 10:24:22 pm »

My aunt's boyfriend has a dude mowing a lawn on his skull, because he is bald.
I used to opine that if I was going to go bald (especially fringe-y male pattern style) I would shave it all off and tattoo a snake coiled around my cranium up there.  To my Mom's relief, I am showing little sign of losing hair into my late '30s.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 12:17:46 am »

I had a friend who said he was going to shave his head and tattoo "666" on the crown of his skull, the better to win hellacious bar bets.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2007, 03:58:01 am »

The Oregonian writes up the tattoo promotion.

A link is made to this very message-board thread.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2007, 04:19:57 am »

I like how we're a "rogue forum" now.

Although I guess we really are. Huh.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2007, 04:45:25 am »

Onstad: "We have a high number of readers in Portland due to the large amounts of drugs that are constantly being consumed there."

I'm pretty sure a lot of us who don't live in Portland also consume drugs, but maybe just not on the massive scale required to get free tattoos.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2007, 07:02:41 am »

But the idea of being a rogue forum is pretty rad, right?

It harkens back to being little kids and pretending we're the Rebel Alliance with broomsticks.

"Vvvvwhoom, vvvvwhom, I'm a Rebel!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2007, 09:19:37 am »

I'm not sure... are we a forum that is rogue or a forum that is populated by rogues?

Actually, never mind. They're both charming in their own ways.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2007, 12:52:28 pm »

Wow, I've never been a rogue anything. Cool.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2007, 01:09:13 pm »

I like how we're a "rogue forum" now.

Although I guess we really are. Huh.

So does that make us rogue's in the style of Locke from FF6 or does that mean that we're actually just tiny @ signs walking around trying to avoid capital Ls?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up