Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs of 09-07  (Read 7632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 05:29:26 am »

I (and my physician) would consider it hell of positive if I was considerably smaller.

Didn't you mention at one point that Mrs. West got the lap-band surgery? One of my acquaintances here in Colorado got that done, and she lost about 85 pounds. She was about 5'2" and weighed around 240. It costs a lot ($8,000 +) but it sounds like it could be very worthwhile.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 05:34:29 am »

It's been a very positive experience for the Mrs.  She's lost about 70 lbs to date and I don't think she's done.

She had to jump through hell of hoops to get the insurance company to pay for it.  Based on her experience, I'm not close to big enough to get it approved.  Also, I'm not psychologically in the right place to do it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 06:00:27 am »

It's been a very positive experience for the Mrs.  She's lost about 70 lbs to date and I don't think she's done.

She had to jump through hell of hoops to get the insurance company to pay for it.  Based on her experience, I'm not close to big enough to get it approved.  Also, I'm not psychologically in the right place to do it.

Oh. The girl I knew just paid cash to have it done, since her insurer wouldn't cover it.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 01:59:47 pm »

I just realized, the real joke here is that Phillipe will end up being the next Nice Pete.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 01:34:39 am »

5'11", 134-137. Somewhere in there.

5'9", 212 at my last doctor's visit. Bad enough, but the cholesterol level of 236 is what really has the doctor worried. Gonna start going to the gym tomorrow, I think. Me and an elliptical machine have a date.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 02:20:37 am »

5'9", 212 at my last doctor's visit. Bad enough, but the cholesterol level of 236 is what really has the doctor worried. Gonna start going to the gym tomorrow, I think. Me and an elliptical machine have a date.

I would be so fuck*ng thrilled to have an extra room in my house with a decent elliptical machine. It would be so great. Having a full-on home gym with treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, and stairmill would be ideal. Damn.

Once I get a car, however, I am getting a membership to a gym...shyness and self-consciousness be damned. It's something I've just gotta get over.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 02:27:54 am »

I used to run four miles a day before college at a local gym, and I found that fine.  Now, in college, with the free college gym, I hate going unless it is to play basketball or raquetball.  Something about the fact that it is just for college students bugs me.  Also, considering this is my fifth year, I am hell of out of shape.  Real shame too, I am the type of person who HAS to work out or I gain weight like no other.  I have gained at least 50 lbs in the last four-ish years, and, really, I live life (drinking/eating) the same as before college.

I might try to get a cheap membership at a Y or something.  It doesn't bug me if friends or strangers are around when I am working out, but people from classes or parties or bars or friends friends, I don't know, it is uncomfortable.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 03:23:41 am »

I would be so fuck*ng thrilled to have an extra room in my house with a decent elliptical machine. It would be so great. Having a full-on home gym with treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, and stairmill would be ideal. Damn.

Once I get a car, however, I am getting a membership to a gym...shyness and self-consciousness be damned. It's something I've just gotta get over.

Yeah, home gyms are rarely worth it.  They become clothes racks on installment payments.  Right now we have a treadmill (a really nice one) semi-buried in the garage, serving as a storage platform for Christmas decorations.  We got the thing only over my most strenuous objections.  For the sake of domestic harmony, I do not bring the topic up at home.  Personally, I have accepted that I am motivated by the attention of others.  I am far more likely to stick to a program if there are people who miss me when I don't show up, and could ask me what I've been up to for the past few weeks.  Shallow of me, perhaps, but it works.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 01:13:34 pm »

I might try to get a cheap membership at a Y or something.  It doesn't bug me if friends or strangers are around when I am working out, but people from classes or parties or bars or friends friends, I don't know, it is uncomfortable.

I was always under the impression that the Y was a cheap gym to join. Not the case here. Of the five or six gyms we looked at, the Y was by far the most expensive (~ 60 bucks a month!) of the batch.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 03:32:16 pm »

Gyms are, on the whole, expensive.  Even the county rec center here costs a good bit.  It's a commitment.

I may have already sung the praises of Freecycle.  If you get on your local list, you may catch someone giving away a treadmill or other piece of exercise equiment that's become a laundry rack.  Free = good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 02:24:37 pm »

Dont feel bad, inev, my girlfriend has the same circumference as my cat. Yes I measured.
If my cat wore skirts, they could share skirts.
I'm left wondering: is your cat really, really fat, or is your girlfriend really, really skinny?
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 05:03:58 pm »

I'm left wondering: is your cat really, really fat, or is your girlfriend really, really skinny?
Yes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 05:04:27 pm »

Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 03:35:27 pm »

The fact that Phillipe so cuttingly remarked 'Mr Bear is gay!' cracked me up. I've heard my 8 year old brother call anything he dislikes 'gay' a million times.

(He stopped after I sat down and talked to him about the fact that 'gay' is not an insult, and giving the myriad reasons why. He's pretty open minded for his age)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 03:52:55 pm »

I liked the Stupanada insult. I must try to work that into conversation.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up