Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: All Hallow's Eve  (Read 8587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 03:09:25 am »

Keep everyone from eating the crab dip. 

"I can't explain it, Daniel, but...you just have to trust me.  I know it must sound...crazy...but...that crab dip...it will ruin your life.  Don't ask me how I know...I just...know." 



Good idea, but pick something really tasty and expensive, then eat it all yourself.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 03:11:18 am »

Daniel... daniel... you're eating all of the nachos. You just ate... half the bowl. Why are you getting more?
I HAVE TO EAT THEM! YOU'LL THANK ME LATER!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 03:37:52 am »

You'll have to start the Sam costume a few moments AFTER you arrive at the party.

"Oh hey JL!  Good to see you!"
"Hi!  Yea, here I brought you some ... Oh boy."
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 04:10:42 am »

Last year I tied an electrical cord around my ##### and wore a shirt with holes in it and was a bum.

The year before that I wore my trusty Liverpool kit and went as a football fan.

The first time I ever did mushrooms was on halloween.  I recommend doing those in a haunted house, for those who are able.  Now a'days I just get drunk, although I guess the whole pregnancy thing kills all of my ideas.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 10:49:17 pm »

I am not sure what to be for Halloween. A couple years ago I made a Bishop costume. I made the miter out of posterboard and cut out felt Chi/Ro Greek letters to paste to it. I made a shepherd's crook out of these weird little plumbing widgets I got at the hardware store, and made a robe out of a sheet with a felt cross glued to it. Everyone was really impressed, the costume looked a lot nicer than the sum of its parts. I'm also really anal-retentive, and it took me about 3 hours to cut and assemble the whole thing.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 02:07:38 am »

Lizzie wants to be Dora the Explorer for Halloween.  You have no idea how much I want to say "Dammit, do NOT be frickin' Dora, have some originality."  But I don't want to crush my little girl's spirit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 03:02:36 am »

Speaking as kid who did the most batshit insane costumes I could come up with for most of school (I am fairly certain I was the only 9-year-old girl ever to be Groo the Wanderer for Halloween): originality is overrated. Creative costumes will just get a lot of "who are you" ... ohh."
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 03:05:08 am »

Oh, man.

If there was a girl in my town who'd be Groo for Halloween...

I'd'a had a steady girlfriend in high school, haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 03:14:24 am »

Oh, man.

If there was a girl in my town who'd be Groo for Halloween...


I'd give her a tiny can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 04:21:39 am »

I am fairly certain I was the only 9-year-old girl ever to be Groo the Wanderer for Halloween)

I... V, have my retarded baby.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 04:46:32 am »

Dammit, with a response like that, maybe I should redo the Groo costume for this year/the next time I get invited to a Halloween party with nerds. It'd be some sweet, sweet vindication.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 06:25:51 am »

Be prepared for marriage proposals from nerds.

Be prepared for your father to be offered great dowries of low-numbered Star Trek toys.

Be prepared for this. It is important.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 01:44:32 pm »

You'll have to start the Sam costume a few moments AFTER you arrive at the party.

"Oh hey JL!  Good to see you!"
"Hi!  Yea, here I brought you some ... Oh boy."

Yeah, ideally, the leap occurs as the front door opens.  Preferably to someone in a bizarre costume, so I can react accordingly.  I just don't know if I'm a good enough actor to pull this off with a straight face.  Also, I don't have six Ph.D.s, nor do I play piano. 

Pedro could do it, easy, but he's decided to be a "hostage," whatever that means.  (I'm trying to convince him to wear a sweater with holes across the chest that spell "courage mom" in morse code.  I am the queen of jokes nobody gets.) 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 02:05:44 pm »

Yeah, ideally, the leap occurs as the front door opens.  Preferably to someone in a bizarre costume, so I can react accordingly.  I just don't know if I'm a good enough actor to pull this off with a straight face.  Also, I don't have six Ph.D.s, nor do I play piano. 

Pedro could do it, easy, but he's decided to be a "hostage," whatever that means.  (I'm trying to convince him to wear a sweater with holes across the chest that spell "courage mom" in morse code.  I am the queen of jokes nobody gets.) 



Wag the Dog, right?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 02:14:54 pm »

Yeah, ideally, the leap occurs as the front door opens.  Preferably to someone in a bizarre costume, so I can react accordingly.  I just don't know if I'm a good enough actor to pull this off with a straight face.  Also, I don't have six Ph.D.s, nor do I play piano. 

Pedro could do it, easy, but he's decided to be a "hostage," whatever that means.  (I'm trying to convince him to wear a sweater with holes across the chest that spell "courage mom" in morse code.  I am the queen of jokes nobody gets.) 

cann'd for excellent choice in movies.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up