Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daylight Savings  (Read 9014 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 01:46:15 am »

Paul, I will see your "Little Grand Canyon" and raise you "The Grand Canyon of the East."
http://www.bigfool.com/foolblog/archive/2004_05.htm#000141

OK, not really "raise."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 02:12:24 am »

Paul, I will see your "Little Grand Canyon" and raise you "The Grand Canyon of the East."
http://www.bigfool.com/foolblog/archive/2004_05.htm#000141

OK, not really "raise."
dude that is bullshit, the Paterson falls rock anyones cock compared to that. and theyre in the middle of urban new jersey.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 08:12:10 pm »

I've always felt that the concept of resetting the clocks for Daylight Savings Time is supreme hubris on our part. It seems to me it would be much more reasonable to change the hours we do things, so that, for instance, work hours would be 8 to 4 during the summer.

And that's why I love being a teacher.  My work hours are nil over the summer, from early June through the beginning of August.  Aaah.  I love it!  Although my work weeks during the school year can easily be 60 hour workweeks (which is why I'd love to slowly garrote people who claim that "teachers do nothing!").  We work our asses off, people.  All teaching 5 classes per day.  120 middle school kids, yo.  But it's actually awesome.  Most of the time.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 07:11:55 am »

120 middle school kids, yo.  But it's actually awesome.  Most of the time.
You actually teach them?  I thought the purpose of middle school was just a place to let them age until their brains catch up to their bodies.  Middle school for me was the social pressure of high school without the interesting classes, plus a bunch of teachers instead of the single one from elementary days.
Plus being the foreign kid.  Though I got my accent beaten out of me within 6 months I think.
 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Holes in the Ground
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 06:00:30 am »

That's nice Carlos.  I'm a fan of big holes in the ground.

dude that is bullshit, the Paterson falls rock anyones cock compared to that. and theyre in the middle of urban new jersey.

Yeah, but you don't have a picture so shut the fuck up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 04:50:07 pm »

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 06:02:47 pm »

We went white water rafting here last year.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 01:01:09 am »

due to daylight savings time, suddenly I am walking back from class in the dark 3 days out of 5. This... makes me feel like my day is much longer than it actually is. my schedule is easy, but walking home in the dark makes it feel... long.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 10:06:49 pm »

due to daylight savings time, suddenly I am walking back from class in the dark 3 days out of 5. This... makes me feel like my day is much longer than it actually is. my schedule is easy, but walking home in the dark makes it feel... long.

Why are you talking about daylight sav.....

oh, never mind.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up