Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!  (Read 4331 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« on: October 24, 2003, 06:23:55 pm »

I had no idea there were so many fascinating attractions there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 06:32:38 pm »

Wow.
Some of those really are of the 'World's Largest Ball of Yarn' ilk.

(Aaaaah, Sam and Max hit the Road *grins*)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 06:37:56 pm »

Well, I'm going to make a special point of going to the ABC cemetary and to the Rotational Adjustment Station.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 06:45:55 pm »

Wow, I hate to derail (really, I do), but slink here and I really seem to see eye to eye regarding old computer games.  First I find out he's a money island fan, now Sam and Max too?  Slink, if I find out you've ever played "Day of the Tentacle..."
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 07:01:36 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Wow, I hate to derail (really, I do), but slink here and I really seem to see eye to eye regarding old computer games.  First I find out he's a money island fan, now Sam and Max too?  Slink, if I find out you've ever played "Day of the Tentacle..."


Oh, naturally! Have a copy of that sat here too. It was the first I played of them.
If I were to discover you had played something like the old Julian Gallop games, I would swear you were my long lost twin or something!
I'm trying to think of other games you might be more likely to have played, but my memory sucks!

I'd have to go to the gravity-hole. Were it...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 08:03:06 pm »

Day of the Tentacle was just a sequel to the original "Maniac Mansion."  I was a fan of LucasArts game "Zack McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders" too.

Pfft. You kids.  Day of the Tentacle?  That's too new-fangled for me.

Heck, I remember when "Myst" was the big high-tech computer game.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 08:20:33 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Day of the Tentacle was just a sequel to the original "Maniac Mansion."  I was a fan of LucasArts game "Zack McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders" too.

Pfft. You kids.  Day of the Tentacle?  That's too new-fangled for me.

Heck, I remember when "Myst" was the big high-tech computer game.


Ah I played both Maniac Mansion and Zack after discovering DOTT. It's just that before then all I had was a Spectrum, and thus played mainly British classics, such as the Gallop games and Bitmap Brothers. Dizzy!!
And of course, many, many others!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I'm going to Lynchburg, Virginia!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 08:56:17 pm »

You ARE Staying at the Gilligan's Island Bed and Breakfast, right?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up