Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(  (Read 12508 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 07:35:35 pm »


(I visited their website, it looks like Italian food, only more shiny)



Italian food only less... Italian, really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 07:45:56 pm »

It's a chain restaurant of mass-produced Italian and Italianesque food. It occupies an ecological niche that's above outright fast-food joints like McDonald's but below a "real" restaurant.

Bensington Butters is not the only player with tastes below his station. Ray does not even realize he has his own kind of Hunt's.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 08:30:48 pm »

It's a chain restaurant of mass-produced Italian and Italianesque food. It occupies an ecological niche that's above outright fast-food joints like McDonald's but below a "real" restaurant.

Bensington Butters is not the only player with tastes below his station. Ray does not even realize he has his own kind of Hunt's.

He thought it was his birthday, asshole!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 08:59:04 pm »

Outback Steakhouse is to prepared meats as Olive Garden is to spaghetti dishes as Red Lobster is to seafood.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »

Outback Steakhouse is to prepared meats as Olive Garden is to spaghetti dishes as Red Lobster is to seafood.

If you badmouth Alice Springs Chicken I'll cut you. It's a chicken breast with some kind of mild spice rub covered in mushrooms, bacon, and two kinds of cheese. It's full of congealy goodness.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 09:47:03 pm »

It's a chain restaurant of mass-produced Italian and Italianesque food. It occupies an ecological niche that's above outright fast-food joints like McDonald's but below a "real" restaurant.

Bensington Butters is not the only player with tastes below his station. Ray does not even realize he has his own kind of Hunt's.

But you forget, "When you're here, you're family!"
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 10:27:06 pm »

I like Olive Garden. Is it "real" Italian? Probably not. Britney Spears isn't real music either, but I like some of her songs.

And I don't :( in front of my wife if I can avoid it. Apparently I do it in my sleep sometimes, though. She knows it's bad when I cut one, smile in my sleep, and then there's a rustling as the dogs crawl out from other the covers.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 12:02:19 am »

If you badmouth Alice Springs Chicken I'll cut you. It's a chicken breast with some kind of mild spice rub covered in mushrooms, bacon, and two kinds of cheese. It's full of congealy goodness.

Alice Springs chicken?
Really?
That's pretty random.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 12:25:14 am »

Alice Springs chicken?
Really?
That's pretty random.

A lot of the things on the menu have random place names in front of them. The menu also used to have translations for things like "joey" and "tucker" on the back.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 01:08:20 am »

Tina is well acquainted with the charms of the Olive Garden.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 02:25:52 am »

Hi!

What is this "Olive Garden" of which you speak?  No olives please, I'm British.

(I visited their website, it looks like Italian food, only more shiny)

J

In my humble opinion, I think that you should be glad that you don't know what Olive Garden is. It is shitty, low-tier faux-Italian food for suburbanite families with ten gazillion poorly behaved children that they don't even lift a finger to discipline whilst other restaurant patrons are showered with marinara and overcooked pasta flung by the Little Darlings.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 04:06:16 am »

I for one love the Olive Garden.  I don't consider it authentic Italian.  I mean, I've had quality Italian, and Olive Garden is not that.  But I love it.  There's a nice level of consistency.  It's the only chain restaurant the SO and I ever eat at actually.  Not that often, maybe four or five times a year.  I was thinking the last time we were there that I don't think that I've ever been to the Olive Garden without "That's Amore" playing over the sound system.  Infact, once, when we spent more time than usual there, they played it twice, and I briefly pittied the poor staff, but then I didn't care because there was a huge pile of carbs.  When you go there you know exactly what you're getting - it's incredibly safe.  Your pallet won't be challenged.  You can order a stupid drink with an Italian name, that would never be found in Italy and is made mostly ice cream and booze.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 04:13:48 am »

Actually, yeah, I find Olive Garden to be pleasant enough fare as well, if your dining choices are limited to the kinds of places where they give you a big ugly vibrating beeper and then you wander around in the Borders next door for twenty minutes until it vibrates.

It is... just in no way remotely Italian.

Too many blue-eyes and blondes in their commericals, fer God's friggin.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 04:21:09 am »

I too am coming out pro-olive garden. Cmon Linnea, that was some harsh words. They dont pretend to be a gourmet italian ristorante. They are honest about their endless pasta bowls and traditional family favorites. In a world where LFM and I meet in meatspace and avoid politics, wed dine at the olive garden.

Also, does anyone else here live near a Cheesecake Factory? Damn they are good at what they do. And the cocktails aint nothing to shake at either.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 04:27:48 am »

In terms of desserts and drinks, I quite enjoy The Factory. In terms of other things, eh. S'okay.

But if you've got "Cheesecake" in your name, you're admitting that dessert's your strength, I guess.

I imagined you raising a shield, such as in the 300, and screaming at the sky:

"Tonight, we dine in OLIVE GARDEN!"

And I was totally agreeing with you.

On non-political matters, there are probably many things we agree upon.

I'm a huge fan of titties, for one. For two, also. Two's even better, really.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up