Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broadcast signal intrusion  (Read 6979 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 01:54:16 pm »

First of all, this is pretty awesome, don't know why I missed it.


Second, I grew up in a rural area on the border of a suburb.  We did not get cable until I was like 14, and I think it was pretty good that way.  I actually did shit, or you know, read or something.  I still rarely, rarely watch tv unless it is sports, bill maher, or a very, VERY special show (Arrested Development and Curb Your... are the only two shows I can think of that I watch, and I usually download the new Curbs).  Oh, and Andy Rooney, maybe even all of 60 Minutes.  In fact, I have no access in my home to a t.v. signal, though I do have one for Wii and DVDs.

On the other hand, I was hell of sucked into the internet when I had to go back and live with my parents that one semester of college.  Oh man, since then I check the internet once a day (well, way more than that) and before I .... didn't.  At least the internet is justifiable in my opinion.  But seriously, I have pretty bad addiction problems, and I would say that the internet is up there with a couple others we have been over time and time again.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 03:41:39 am »

I was actually lucky TV-wise growing up. Where I lived we could pick up two copies of all 3 networks (Pittsburgh and Johnstown) and we even had two Foxes for a while in like 1988.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 04:17:01 am »

I remember having the three networks + pbs and one channel on uhf.  We got a second uhf channel when I was about 14.

But I really don't recall it sucking.  I remember so many great shows back then.  I'd say that the content level has increased by a thousand fold at least, but the amount of it that's worth watching is about the same.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 04:26:25 am »

At my parents house because I am looking after my roommates dog and am not going to be around so much during christmas, and because my headlight went out and I paid for it to be fixed and they didn't fix it and I need that shit fixed and don't have more money and and , and I just had to go through four bullshit espn channels to get from the OU basketball game to the Utah Navy bowl game.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 11:54:52 pm »

Harder to break into signals now with cable, they said. The days of hijacking a broadcast are over, they said.

Here's a c*ck in your face during the Super Bowl, someone said.

Sorry it's a link to TMZ, but believe me, the other places I found the clip were... worse. Or better, depending on how you look at it.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 06:08:03 am »

Oh man it's always so awkward when your dick gets lodged in your ##### when your co-star is trying to take it out.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 06:17:11 am »

Oh man it's always so awkward when your dick gets lodged in your ***** when your co-star is trying to take it out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Broadcast signal intrusion
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 02:54:59 pm »

I $$$$$ you guys. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up