Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eureka Stockade  (Read 6893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Eureka Stockade
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 12:45:44 am »

Hehe yeah.
Basically if you guys just voted for your congress and senators and let them figure out the rest, that would be pretty close.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Eureka Stockade
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2007, 01:43:55 am »

"But wait... when do you vote for your president?" I think a lot of people in America would be shocked to learn how many of the countries we think are like us are different in things like... not voting directly for the president/prime minister/number one dude or dudette. For that matter, what would life be like if the Electoral College worked the way it was supposed to, rather than the bastardized formality it has become?
I think it stopped being a formality when GWB lost the popular vote and still became president.

There is a movement to organize a coalition of states that will sign an agreement to throw their electoral college votes at whoever wins the popular election - Because sometimes that doesn't happen, and it would be nice to have that down on paper. I am for this. I am also for a national primary date as opposed to this cockeyed system of BS.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up