Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking ahead to 2008  (Read 6721 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 09:33:54 pm »

Knit more.  Worry less.

If you can figure out how to do this, let me know. That is awesome.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 05:56:54 pm »

2007: First full year as a college graduate. Moved from hometown of Seattle to the Bay Area. Took... a long time to find a job. Much longer than I expected. Damnable choice of an English major. But eventually I found a cool one, so now I'm happy. Moved from aunt and uncle's house to my own apartment in San Francisco. Crazy goddamned city, but it's growing on me.

2008: Stability. Now I can plan for things. For example, I hope to save enough to make a trip to Europe before the year is out. I went right after college and loved it, but there's still a lot more I want to see. Also, new year's resolution: stop biting my fingernails. They're disgusting. Also, finally play something on Xbox Live with Jough.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 07:21:24 pm »

Life isn't fair. Life is good.

These are not mutually exclusive.

Amen to that, brother.

2007 was mostly a year.  No huge landmarks this go-round.  The kids are great, the job is a job, I leveraged another job offer into a big frickin' raise.

The year has come to a suckful end, however, with Mrs. del Vaca's stepfather keeling over from a heart attack last week.  She went to Texas to help out her mom, and I single-parented all week.  It was taxing for all of us, to say the least. 

Then I thought our cat was missing and presumed dead, but she showed up alive and well last night, so there's that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 08:05:57 am »

The end of 2007 is getting really strange.

My mom called me yesterday to tell me that she took my dad to the doctor on Thursday because he was acting strange. Within 24 hours he has brain surgery. She calls 5 days later.

My parents are in their 70's and they refuse to tell us what is happening anymore with them. I don't know if they feel like they are burdening us or what. All I know is it's pretty disconcerting.

Got to get off this freaking island. Soon.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »

The end of 2007 is getting really strange.

My mom called me yesterday to tell me that she took my dad to the doctor on Thursday because he was acting strange. Within 24 hours he has brain surgery. She calls 5 days later.

My parents are in their 70's and they refuse to tell us what is happening anymore with them. I don't know if they feel like they are burdening us or what. All I know is it's pretty disconcerting.

Got to get off this freaking island. Soon.

Oh - that is shitty.  I hope all is well.

2007 was the hardest year of my life, hands down.  It was serious hard work.  It almost killed me.  But I made it.  At the end of this week I will likely be diagnosed with a very serious, life altering autoimmune disease on top of the (now seemingly minor) three other autoimmune diseases I have.  And this will be less traumatic than most of the stuff that happend this year.  Oh well, at least when I say I'm a survivor I mean it.

2008 I'm officially starting my own theatre company and at the end of 2008 a play I spent 6 + years writing and working on is getting its world premier at one of the most important theatres in my country. Also, hopefully post diagnosis my health will improve, but first: more testing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 03:38:13 pm »

Wow.  AD and Mel.  Hang in there, both of you.

Here's to 2008 being better than 2007!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 07:10:51 am »

Helloooooo 2008!

Happy New Year, everyone.

2008, I have high hopes for you. Like many on the board, I had a pretty rough year in the '07. I would like this year to be happy and filled with good fortune, please. For all of us.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:37 pm »

Yes, please 2008, could you be the year of ease and comfort?  Is that really asking so much?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 11:04:53 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 11:17:31 pm »

A-fuckin'-men.

2007, I double-middle-finger-pump you in the rearview mirror... such as Homer did in the sinkhole.

A few scratches and an arrow to pull out later... but here I am in 2008.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 06:51:18 am »

So far, 2008 has been a year of ups and downs. First, I had a lot of fun bar-hopping on New Years Eve and ended up meeting some very cool people and reveling in hilarious conversations. So that was good. But after retiring for the night, I was greeted by my brand new roommate arriving home at 5 in the morning with the sudden urge to start blasting the radio. He proceeded to do exactly that -- in the living room, at full volume on the shitty techno station. Awesome! When I walked out to ask him to turn it down, he copped a massive attitude and said "Fuck it, I'll listen to it in my room." Now, I don't know if you're too familiar with San Francisco apartment buildings built in the early 20th century, but adding another wall to that cacophony of noise is doesn't do a whole lot to dampen the sound. So, I got to listen to him falling asleep to obnoxious club grooves as the sun came up. Yeah...

I need to find a new place to live.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Looking ahead to 2008
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 08:56:05 am »

they have techno radio stations?

mann. It's really interesting to me how my Provincialism, which I always thought was eliminated by watching movies and reading the news and internet and such, rears its head about such weird things. Techno radio stations, girls wearing leggings as #####, 24-hour diners, people having heard of bands I like...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up