Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A M2F sportswriter?  (Read 6224 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A M2F sportswriter?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 07:51:57 pm »

oh. yeah. that was part of it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A M2F sportswriter?
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 07:59:45 pm »

Man, there are some fucked-up comments in the readers' section of that.

Also, as a person who changed his name completely, I can assure you that she made a very careful, considered decision about hers. Daniels must mean something very important to her.

She should have gone with "Sixteen", though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A M2F sportswriter?
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 11:09:52 pm »

Man, there are some fucked-up comments in the readers' section of that.

Also, as a person who changed his name completely, I can assure you that she made a very careful, considered decision about hers. Daniels must mean something very important to her.

She should have gone with "Sixteen", though.

I think that newspaper comments are the scourge of humanity. The worst comes out in people in an anonymous forum. There are only so many times I can read racist "go home mexicans" comments in the local Denver papers online before I just say, "FUCK YOU, IGNORANT ASSHOLES" and go read the BBC instead. I shudder to think what vitriol would be spewed by drunk fratboys about an M2F sportscaster. Not good things, I can already tell.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A M2F sportswriter?
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 12:46:36 am »

Also, as a person who changed his her(?) name completely
Enquiring minds want to know.

She should have gone with "Sixteen", though.
SEVEN!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A M2F sportswriter?
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 01:59:34 am »

Enquiring minds want to know.

I knew that wasn't going to work, because it wasn't proper English. I should have said something like:

"Speaking as a person who changed his whole name a while back, I can assure you that she . . . "


Unless, of course, you're asking if I changed my gender . . . in which case I'd answer 'only in my head, but I do it all the time - spices things up'.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: A M2F sportswriter?
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 10:32:29 pm »

Yeah that was the implication, a bit clumsily done, sorry.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up