Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Castro Resigns!  (Read 3985 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Castro Resigns!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 11:51:01 am »

I thought america cut ties with cuba because of the communist thing and the nuclear missile thing was fallout (pun certainly intended) from that, not the other way around.

As usual though, holy shit Smells blows all other possible conversation away with a post of densely packed awesome coated in anticipation.
Come back soon and tell all.

A theory Drew Curtis was expousing on Fark is that Castro's dead and they wanted a 'duly elected' leader before they announce it. Not exactly a mind-blowing theory but I liked the reasoning: He decided this because they announced it at 3am or something stupid. Like it was something they had to ac on immediately.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Castro Resigns!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 07:10:52 pm »

Dude I was there, in Havana the night before.  I have hella stories, hella pictures, but I gotta bury the SO's grandpappy first.  Back soon.
As usual though, holy shit Smells blows all other possible conversation away with a post of densely packed awesome coated in anticipation.
Come back soon and tell all.

???????????????
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Castro Resigns!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 04:18:42 am »

Oh man, yes Cuba.  I sort of hit the ground running after I got back.  Haven't read Achewood since January actually.    I'll be back with a story or two at the end of the week. 

Here's a teaser:  I found the Black Market.  It's actually a place in Havana. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up