Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mafia Names  (Read 12092 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 01:53:18 am »

awesome, awesome.

my friend always talks about how this one time she and her friends went swimming, and her friend's boyfriend had big scratches all over his back.
I have met that friend, who is a tiny japanese girl, and I was amazed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 02:45:33 am »

I was hoping someone would do this. 

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to contribute. 

Except I think Cort would be "The Human Search Engine." 

Is that a mafia name, or a superhero name? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 03:00:36 am »

I was hoping someone would do this. 

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to contribute. 

Except I think Cort would be "The Human Search Engine." 

Is that a mafia name, or a superhero name? 

It sounds like Aquaman could kick my ass.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 03:18:28 am »

I would be Mikey Fillibusters.

(My rap name is Big Tasty.)

(My porn name is Lance Longstrong.)

(My Native American name is Wrestles-with-Shadows.)

EDIT:

(My rock name is Axl Stardust.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:59 am »

Victoria Studies-the-giraffees?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 04:26:21 am »

At work they call me "50 Demp" because I'm so hard (and I tend to blurt out The Truth during company meetings), but my old for reals mafia name was "Reverend Jough," or just "The Rev."

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 04:11:31 pm »

Sounds more like your Blues band name, to be honest. Reverend Jough and the Congregation.

If the mafia name formula is basically the diminutive form of your first name plus the plural form of the name of an object you use frequently then mine is probably "Joey Joysticks." The Spanish equivalent would be "Pepe Palancas de Mando," or Pepe Palancas for short, which I think is sort of amusing but most people would probably assume it's my real name.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:18:17 pm by nDed »
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 04:15:38 pm »

By that formula, I could be J.L. "the Knitting Needle" Dunston. 

That's kind of cool, even if it brings up some very disturbing mental images. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 04:35:22 pm »

Personally I would go with "Jimmy Needles" which illustrates the fact that the formula doesn't really work with lady names.

J.L "The Needle" Dunston sounds like your wrestling/boxing/etc. ring name. You could be known for your vicious straights.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 04:36:48 pm »

If the mafia name formula is basically the diminutive form of your first name plus the plural form of the name of an object you use frequently

So I'd be Mikey Fleshlights?
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 05:41:28 pm »

Ewww... fleshlights.  They sell those in truck stops next to the herbal meth.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2008, 08:24:31 pm »

I actually had to look that one up. Looks like we now apparently have sufficiently advanced technology to create antidildos. Maybe if you stick a dildo into a fleshlight they'll annihilate each other.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 08:52:38 pm »

I actually had to look that one up. Looks like we now apparently have sufficiently advanced technology to create antidildos. Maybe if you stick a dildo into a fleshlight they'll annihilate each other.

You'd have to ask the SWAT Team officer who invented it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 05:32:51 pm »

My self-appointed soccer nickname was "El Verdugo," or "The Executioner."  That would be a pretty frickin' ominous Mafia nickname, even by mafia standards.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Names
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 11:31:47 pm »

Isn't there a pro wrestler by that name? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up