Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teens Losing Touch With History?  (Read 7645 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Teens Losing Touch With History?
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 03:59:55 am »

Aw jeez! One of my favorite memories of high school English class was reading parts of Shakespeare out loud as a class. When we got to the part where Hamlet was talking to Ophelia:

    * Hamlet: Lady, shall I lie in your lap?
      Ophelia: No, my lord.
      Hamlet: I mean, my head upon your lap?
      Ophelia: Ay, my lord.
      Hamlet: Do you think I meant country matters?
          o scene ii

C'mon, that's the bawdiest pun ever. I snickered really loudly, and my teacher gave me a knowing grin and a "keep quiet" look, because I was the only person in the class who picked up on it. Hee!

-------

Also, I am not dead. I have been tired, and also busy.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Teens Losing Touch With History?
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 06:14:52 am »

I got way more and better history out of Cartoon History Of The Universe and Cartoon History Of The United States than I did out of high school.

I also retained more physics from Cartoon Guide To Physics than high school. What I'm saying is that comics are great for learning things.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Teens Losing Touch With History?
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 06:23:38 am »

In other news, Linnea is back.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up