Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Your Offspring to Work Day  (Read 4372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Take Your Offspring to Work Day
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:38 pm »

Especially if the mainframe's AI was voiced by Kelsey Grammer.

...was it?

No, but my dad did appear just as I pressed it and said "Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"

I've never asked him if he was being clever or not.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Take Your Offspring to Work Day
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 12:46:37 am »

Wait -- is your name Dave? 

Because, if not, I think that is extremely awesome. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Take Your Offspring to Work Day
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 04:47:35 pm »

My Dad took me into his office in Sydney once when I was about 9.  I drew pictures of dogs, then ran them off on the photocopier so I could have lots to color.  I drank about 12 cups of coffee (because you're supposed to drink coffee at the office).  Apparently my eyes were the size of saucers by the time we went home.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Take Your Offspring to Work Day
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 04:06:29 pm »

I used to go to the office with my dad a lot, not for any special reason, but because we were together and that's what he was doing.  I remember he worked as a salesman for a refractory company.  And they had a distribution warehouse where his office was.  I used to go out in the warehouse and climb up on the pallets of refractory and walk around the warehouse.  I was 5-6 years old walking around unsupervised in an industrial warehouse about 8-10 feet off the ground on unstable piles of bags or bricks.  There were probably forklifts wizzing around ala this.  In retrospect it was probably a very dangerous situation.  Ah well, nothing ever bad came of it.  Afterwards we would go enjoy a nice muffuletta together.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Take Your Offspring to Work Day
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 09:44:59 pm »

I used to go to the office with my dad a lot, not for any special reason, but because we were together and that's what he was doing.  I remember he worked as a salesman for a refractory company.  And they had a distribution warehouse where his office was.  I used to go out in the warehouse and climb up on the pallets of refractory and walk around the warehouse.  I was 5-6 years old walking around unsupervised in an industrial warehouse about 8-10 feet off the ground on unstable piles of bags or bricks.  There were probably forklifts wizzing around ala this.  In retrospect it was probably a very dangerous situation.  Ah well, nothing ever bad came of it.  Afterwards we would go enjoy a nice muffuletta together.

If it was refractory materials from back in the day there was probably a ton of asbestos around. 

I'm just sayin' is all...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up