Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008  (Read 4392 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 03:56:59 pm »

I think that in reality, most people watch fancy cooking shows on TV while eating something heated up out of a box.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 04:30:32 pm »

People are getting more anxious about food too.  I think it has to do with, in general, losing touch with how food goes from something recognizable, such as a pea pod or corn cob, to a microwaved super burrito or salisbury steak boxed dinner.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 05:57:55 pm »

So is it just my world-line or is everyone really becoming more of a foodie these days?  I mean, has a big segment of the population that once ate heated up boxes and cans moved over to the fanciness or does this always happen and it's just me entering my late 20s?

I am currently reading David Kamp's The United States of Arugula which chronicles the very culinary evolution of which you speak.  Highly recommend.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 07:00:50 pm »

Interestingly, I just recently (like in the past two weeks) got over my aversion to eating at Taco Bell. And now I find myself craving it ALL THE DAMN TIME. I am certainly not turning into a foodie. I would make a terrible rich person of High Society, because I wouldn't want a bite of that high-falutin' crap if there was some KFC nearby.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 07:03:59 pm »

KFC does make some great cole slaw.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 07:29:41 am »

Mayor i just read that book a few months ago - it's a bit dry in the third quarter, but otherwise very very interesting. also, i made up a mac&cheese recipe i'll post elsewhere
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up