Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's all green... and flashy... and possibly spoilery!  (Read 3974 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's all green... and flashy... and possibly spoilery!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 04:31:59 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

As for Movies with fightin' and stuff explodin'....It's all good, but without some on-screen boobage, it's all hollow and empty.


Well, Persephone's new dress does quite well for that...
I'm so trying to avoid getting involved in the LotR talk, since well, I haven't seen TTT yet *sobs*.
Not that I'm someone who only knows it from the films, but it just makes getting involved in talk of the latest two a bit pointless.
Might go watch Fellowship again though. Been trying to think of something to watch.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
It's all green... and flashy... and possibly spoilery!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 05:20:44 am »

What.  The.  Shit.  

This is the most ridiculous movie ever.  Awful, awful, awful.  I kept waiting for the resolution, and it never came.  Jough, you bastard, you totally lied to me.  No loose ends, my ass.  

Also, I'm breaking off a LOTR thread.  So there.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
It's all green... and flashy... and possibly spoilery!
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 08:04:43 am »

As far as I know, everything essential from the first two films was resolved.

There were some *new* issues brought up in this film, but I guess we'll have to wait for Matrix 4 to see what happens there.

I can't believe you thought it was *that* bad.  I told you I was disappointed, but only because I thought the action sequences were... well, dull.

In any case, I thought the ending (not the *very* ending - but the resolution of the war) was appropriate and kind of brilliant.  

I'll post some thoughts, but in a SPOILERS-ONLY thread.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up