Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writer's Workshop?  (Read 7998 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 04:07:10 am »

I am into ELO because my roommate and I have sessions where we drive around St Louis just listening to ELO and Black Sabbath and Motorhead and... I don't know. Stuff. ELO doesn't really fit in with those bands, I realize.
In his free time, he listens to ambient techno, and heavy metal. I don't get either of those things, so, it is fun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 05:09:44 am »

It's alright Inev, everyone writes Ma Ma Belle at some point or another.  It's a rocking song.

ELO was the one of the first concerts I ever attended at the age of 13 I think, with my Sister and both of my parents.  My Dad loved ELO, still does.  Rare Earth opened the show.

On a side note, my Dad called me today asking about the lyrics to a song he had stuck in his head.  It was Rikki Don't Lose that Number.  I played the song for him and said the lyrics to him.  "I've had this song in my head all day, but I can't remember the lyrics, thanks." 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 06:07:29 pm »

*grabs topic with both hands, pulls it back on track*

So I'm going to sticky this topic, and anyone who wants in later can post here and I'll grant permission.  I'm adding s_s even though she's too busy now so that I don't forget after the wedding.  We'll see you there when you have time, smells. 

If you don't have access by Monday and you want it, post here and I'll add you. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 10:23:15 pm »

I have been away for a while but I would like to be a Participant in these shenanigans. Because as Sir Philip Sidney said, writing stuff is the shit.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 10:26:02 pm »

Word.

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2009, 09:45:11 pm »

I'd be down, although my stuff's weird and very, very few people really like it.

I'm fine with that.

I'd be happy to give some feedback on others' work, though.
Logged
sex

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Writer's Workshop?
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 10:06:00 pm »

You're going to need a time machine to take part.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up