Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Outdoor Fight  (Read 3854 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 06:34:40 pm »

the thing that bugged me is that... putting a 3-panel daily strip in book format does not make a graphic novel. I feel like something about the formatting kind of lost the suspense of the thing? or something?

An important part of the GOF, to me, is seeing that Ray is going to fight this guy, and you don't know what'll happen, and suddenly you hit Next and Ray is ripping off his face.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 01:38:02 pm »

When I first saw the link that you can get an autographed/illustrated copy of GOF direct from Onstad I was like, "aw man, I can't believe I got mine from Amazon."

But considering he's charging $30 (+ shipping, I assume) and Amazon had the book for $9.xx including shipping I'm pretty happy with my choice. I think $10 is probably my ceiling for personalizing a book. I think the Dr. McNinja guys only charge $5.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up