Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo  (Read 44491 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 07:34:15 am »

Seconded. 

Thirded (I guess?)

It's simple and doesn't really a lot of explanation.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 06:58:20 pm »

If you live or can travel to the Portland area, you will find the closest thing to an expert to do the job:

A tattoo artist obsesses about "Achewood"

I think she may have changed studios since then. Here is her MySpace for her new studio.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 07:06:42 pm »

Pedro suggested the Dude and Catastrophe crest:

http://achewood.com/shop/rsrc/img/app_detail_dnc_lg.gif

Which sounded like a pretty darned good idea to me. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 07:45:33 pm »

I think there are several great tattoo ideas here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 02:29:22 am »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 04:05:58 pm »

I just recently got the Krazy Kat tattoo I'd been thinking about for years and years.  It was totally worth it.

How about Ray flip kicking Little Nephew's car by the lake?  Can't find the link for the life of me.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »

I just recently got the Krazy Kat tattoo I'd been thinking about for years and years.  It was totally worth it.

How about Ray flip kicking Little Nephew's car by the lake?  Can't find the link for the life of me.

This one? http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11072005
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 06:04:32 pm »

While I do live in the Portland area, I decided against the Free Achewood tattoo that lady was offering up a while back.

The words "Free" and "Tattoo" translate in my head as "Bad" and "Idea".

As far as the Dude and Catastrophe crest goes, I've relegated that to the back of the helmet I wear when I play Unicycle polo.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 06:27:25 am »

How about the Star Wars logo, centered across your chest?

Seriously, though, Philippe standing on it was the first thing to come to my mind, and the Dude and Catastrophe arms sound like another solid idea.  Todd fuck*ng up with his saxophone might look nice for a smaller design.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 07:52:24 pm »

the SCRUT, SCRUT, SCRUT panel.

You know what I mean.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

the gooseman

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 11:50:12 am »

I have been contiplating getting the last panel of this done for about a year now...

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03032004

cracks me up everytime
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 09:28:27 pm »

A shirt has a lot of advantages over a tattoo, I think.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:26 pm »

A shirt has a lot of advantages over a tattoo, I think.

This reminds me, does anybody read Basic Instructions? Are you considering getting a personalized coolest t-shirt when he starts selling them?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 11:01:31 pm »

You know, the more I think about this, the more I wonder if getting an Achewood tattoo today is kinda like getting a Homestar Runner tattoo four years ago? When I decide to change careers and become a laser tattoo removal technician, I expect to zap off at least one Strong Bad.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 12:40:05 pm »

I had a dream last night in which I blacked out for two days after being bitten by a venomous spider. When I woke up, I had a crude, upside-down Achewood-themed tattoo on my upper arm. I spent ages trying to scrub it off, hoping that it was biro, because I knew my fiancee would kill me when she saw it.

(I should note that when I say 'when I woke up', I mean from the blackout, not the dream. Otherwise I would be too busy being terrified to pass this story on.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up