Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is a go  (Read 14891 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 08:48:22 pm »

Is this the October surprise we've been expecting?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 12:18:56 am »

Well, they did win that Grammy...

I'm guessing he meant Winger though.

I think Tull one it for the metal category, no? But if you must know, it's Scorpions.

It's not, it's the Jesus Lizard.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 02:17:48 am »

"Pork Soda" came out in 1993. So did "Black Tie White Noise". "Modern Life is Rubbish" for God's sake!

I've always been of the opinion that I was the only person in the known universe to enjoy Black Tie White Noise, "the David Bowie album even David Bowie fanatics hate," as a fanatic I dated for a while once said.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 11:08:50 pm »

The Who is the hardest rocking band.  I heard it on Jeopardy or some shit.

There's a song from Chinese Democracy in Rock Band 2, and it is quite awful.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 06:47:28 pm »

The entire album is available for listening on a song-by-song basis at the band's MySpace page. 

It sounds like Axl Rose took Pro Tools out behind the Guitar Institute and got it pregnant.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 07:19:38 pm »

I was just writing a blog post about this, I forget we had a thread and thought I had to just talk to myself about it... The gist of which was, I have never heard a Guns n' Roses album, but I just read this review of this one in the Onion:
http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/chuck_klosterman_reviews

This review was so interesting that it made me want to go out and buy - no, not the album; I want to buy one of this guy's books. I can't decide if this means he is doing a good job as a reviewer or not.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 09:25:30 pm »

I bought one of his books, (sex, drugs, and cocoa puffs) and I was really annoyed by it.
My main memory of it is that I got to the end and thought "wow, that guy is really clever. Wait... was there any point to any of that, aside from proving how clever he is?"

Similar story with the 30 pages I read of Killing Yourself to Live
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 09:42:40 pm »

The guitar player wears a damn bucket on his head.  This point can not be over emphasized.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 10:52:06 pm »

I bought one of his books, (sex, drugs, and cocoa puffs) and I was really annoyed by it.
My main memory of it is that I got to the end and thought "wow, that guy is really clever. Wait... was there any point to any of that, aside from proving how clever he is?"

Similar story with the 30 pages I read of Killing Yourself to Live

The section on Saved by the Bell was great. Right up there with SbtB Quote of the Day.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 02:50:18 am »

With everybody talkin' Watchmen and Guns N Roses around here, I had to go check the calendar and... no... my birthday wasn't moved to November.

No, my birthday is still in August. It is just that the conversation is awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 02:51:01 am »

Oh.  How about that.  My cousin (second cousin, technically) produced and mixed this.


Edit: Argh!  Damnit, First cousin - once removed.  Genealogy blows.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:56:03 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 03:07:50 am »

Well, your cousin's rich now, so drinks are on him.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 06:09:28 pm »

Well, your cousin's rich now, so drinks are on him.

Tiny cans of Dr. Pepper for everyone?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 06:27:25 pm »

That joke worked on so many levels, Vik. Too many.

It is as if the universe was working three strands of reality for twenty years just to get to that joke.

And just to compound it... CAN'D!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up