Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: On pickles (the not wanting of)  (Read 4618 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 12:08:49 am »

Yeah, as far as I can tell one of the major downsides to scooters and smaller bikes is that locking them only does so much when a couple of reasonably sized individuals can just lift them up and walk away.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:08 am »

So I bought one of the CB250s, I'm pretty happy with it. I took some pics but didn't notice there was no card in the camera so that will have to wait for another day. A couple of other costs came up this week so I'm going to have to wait a week or two to get some gear so it'll be a little bit before I really know how I feel about it. The front brakes were replaced between when I test drove it and when I bought it so the front wheel's a little squeaky but I'm told (by someone that isn't the person I bought it off) that'll go away with a little wear so I'm not overly worried.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:25:20 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 10:50:28 pm »

rad, cool.

This girl I know has a scooter and 2 tasers, I joke that she is like a superhero.

I just want to get a bike. But at this point, it is getting cold out, soon it'll be snowing, and... that isn't going to happen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 11:13:40 pm »

If she can do a flip off the scooter I'm pretty sure she is a superhero. Or at least a masked vigilante.

My problem with bikes is the opposite, we're going into summer now and it's going to be crazy hot so I'm going for the most airflow-friendly textile jacket I can. No leathers for me thankyou.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 11:33:36 pm »

I mean a bicycle, not a motorcycle.

no leather.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 11:47:02 pm »

But you'd look so butch.

I think you should get a push bike and ride it wearing chaps and a leather hat and vest.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 12:52:40 am »

But you'd look so butch.

I think you should get a push bike and ride it wearing chaps and a leather hat and vest.

I'm thinking this
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 02:50:35 am »

yes
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: On pickles (the not wanting of)
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 05:18:53 am »

I used to have a bike.  I miss it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up