Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's up for a CD chain?  (Read 18897 times)

pmcd9

• Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Rumplestiltskin
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2004, 05:22:35 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
My mixdisc is (finally) complete and I will be shipping early next week.  Anyone who is interested and hasn't previously notified me, now is the time to get in on the action.  Get 'em while they're hot people.

~Paul

Ok, here's the deal.  I'm sure you've all noticed my near total absence from this board.  What, no?  Oh well, anyway, to use the finest southern vernacular, 'i've been up to my ass in alligators' and the disc haven't shipped yet.  Furthermore, my burner has thrown craps.  Maybe i'll be off work this weekend (maybe) and i'll buy a replacement if I am.  In the meantime i've gotten 12 copies ready for the mail and I promise!!! they will be mailed tomorrow.  A couple of you will have to wait.  Dawg, I haven't forgotten about you either.  I have a pile here, but it's a meager 10 disc high at the moment.  I wish it were more.  Trouble is, I need to listen to them to make sure they are all good before I ship them to you.  Getting two songs into Led Zeppelin and being greeted by skips would be the saddest thing.  I'll get this worked out soon and I will deliver on my promise.  Please have faith.  Pedro, your surprise is ready, but I haven't had two seconds to print the label.  It's coming soon.

~Paul
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

• Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2004, 06:15:50 am »

I've been humbled and thrilled by all of the generous offers and mailings I've received, so certainly I can be patient. Limmo sent me some really great stuff which I am hearing for the first time and I love it but I'm sad thinking about how much great music I've missed and how much crap I've listened to over the past 25 years or so...Thanks to Wombat for replacing some of my favorite Paul Simon material, re-introducing me to the Roches and letting me discover Billy Bragg, too...

Thanks to all of you, sent, or sending...

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2004, 06:22:48 pm »

I'm just lazy.  Sorry.  

PMCD, what are you sending to AlohaDawg?  'Cos I suspect our lists may overlap.  PM me and we'll split it up.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

• Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2004, 01:02:27 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm just lazy.  Sorry.  

PMCD, what are you sending to AlohaDawg?  'Cos I suspect our lists may overlap.  PM me and we'll split it up.

I asked very nicely for people to post their list of what they were sending to Dawg, but noooo, that's too much trouble.  Hee hee hee.

So far...

BB Cook County Jail/Live at the Regal
HTWWW d1-3
Who's Next
Who Live at Isle of Wight 1970 d1 RS - Between the Buttons
Let it Bleed
Hendrix - First Rays of the New Rising Sun
King of the Delta Blues Singers

The Nick Drake is skips like shit so I threw it away.  I'll re-send it to you too Star after I get a new burner this weekend.
and two mystery disc in need of labels(Pedro's surprise).

~Paul
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Asherdan

• Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
    • View Profile
Re: Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2021, 10:38:55 pm »

Holy mighty fuck-balls!

Look what I found in my dead media box!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up