Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's up for a CD chain?  (Read 20898 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2003, 12:55:45 pm »

Anyone ready to trade who doesn't hate canadians?





*tumbleweed*
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2003, 05:40:42 pm »

I love Canadians. Dave Foley is "teh" awesome. It's you bastards that screw up the food chain I hate. Also, women. ::glare::
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2003, 07:52:50 pm »

I will ship something to Canadia if I don't have to fill out a customs form.

Maybe have it smuggled-in somehow?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2003, 11:04:34 pm »

I will gladly trade with Canadians! ... once I have a mix.

(I think the new theme for my mix is going to be "Totally K-Rad Collection Based On the Six CDs Or So V Brought Home For the Holiday -- or, Ben Folds and the Flaming Lips Are Forced To Make Sweet, Sweet Audio Love.")
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2003, 10:03:18 pm »

Ok, well, anyone who doesnt mind trading for filthy tainted canadian cds (pretty much guaranteed no canadian music on 'em, though, since I hate virtually all of it), can email or PM me with their address... and Jough, I dont think you have to fill out customs stuff for burnt cds, or at least none of the americans I've traded with have had to.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2003, 10:30:48 pm »

I will send a copy of mine to anyone (from this board) who sends me their address and gives me the assurance that I'll get one in return.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2003, 11:45:05 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I will ship something to Canadia if I don't have to fill out a customs form.

Maybe have it smuggled-in somehow?


Just send it air mail, and it doesn't require a customs from if it is:
1) Less than 16 ounces
and 2) "Mail matter that is not potentially dutiable."

As near as I can tell, a mix CD should meet both of these requirements, since CD's aren't that heavy, and it seems that "Goods valued under 20 Canadian dollars are duty and excise tax exempt. Gift shipments received by mail that are valued under 60 Canadian dollars are duty and excise tax exempt. " (all quotes from various USPS web pages)

That said, I've got a mix all lined up, and 4-5 padded mailers, so I'm up for participating.  And I'll trade with Canadians.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2003, 05:42:41 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Just send it air mail, and it doesn't require a customs from if it is: 1) Less than 16 ounces and 2) "Mail matter that is not potentially dutiable."


Went to the Post Office this morning to send Andalucia, pmcd9, sjlimmer and El Guapo their care packages. And discovered:

A single CD in a jewel box inside a padded mailer weighs exactly 4.5 ounces.  Sending it to Canada air mail cost $1.60 and required no customs forms or other bullshit.  

So don't let mailing concerns deter you from showering our pals in the Great White North with the bitchin' tune-stacks.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2003, 05:48:53 pm »

You send yours in a jewel case?  Hm.  Mine will be sandwiched between two 8.5x11" pages, folded in quarters to encase the CD.

Of course, many of you will be receiving an extra disc as well.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2003, 06:32:57 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You send yours in a jewel case?  


That's how I roll, yo.  

I wanted to throw in my band's fake German new-wave CD as an extra treat, but I haven't gotten my copies yet.  Alas.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2003, 06:33:05 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Just send it air mail, and it doesn't require a customs from if it is: 1) Less than 16 ounces and 2) "Mail matter that is not potentially dutiable."


Went to the Post Office this morning to send Andalucia, pmcd9, sjlimmer and El Guapo their care packages. And discovered:

A single CD in a jewel box inside a padded mailer weighs exactly 4.5 ounces.  Sending it to Canada air mail cost $1.60 and required no customs forms or other bullshit.  

So don't let mailing concerns deter you from showering our pals in the Great White North with the bitchin' tune-stacks.


I've just come from the post office, and the woman at the conter insisted that a customs form was required.  I'm going to try it again later, but if they keep giving me grief, I'll be switching tho Jough's method (I'm thinking that they don't believe a jewel case in a padded mailer has no value).  Stupid post office.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2003, 06:46:48 pm »

I know when we send stuff from work to Canada FedEx require the value be 1.00 for "valueless" Document shipments. Every other country require the that value be 0.00. Of course we mark everything as "medical records" which lets us send CDs and such as valueless.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2003, 11:48:55 pm »

Yes, my minions, shower me with "medical records"!
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2003, 12:15:31 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yes, my minions, shower me with "medical records"!

WELCOME TO
EUPHEMISM CITY

POPULATION: YOU
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2003, 12:59:42 am »

Clarification: Our stuff really is medical records. Or at the very least requests for them which we should technically call "business letters" but most of us just leave the default selection since it's mostly true anyway.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up