Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation  (Read 7902 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 02:16:47 pm »

I'd be interested to know if there were any milkmen still operating in the U.S.  Maybe rurally? \
Oberweis offers this in the midwest: http://www.oberweis.com/web/homedelivery.asp

However, their owner appears to fancy hunting illegal immigrants from helicopters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nst-aXvdrR4&feature=PlayList&p=BC1C244BF3D01AF7&playnext=1&index=7
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 03:06:34 pm »

There is a place in denver that does it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 03:36:08 pm »

All I know is that if I was the dude's parents and had paid for him to go to fuck*ng Stanford, I would be pissed if he didn't aspire to anything more than "Shipping Clerk." 

BIG assumption that his parents paid for it.  BIG one. 

I went to a private college, and some of the girls were there because Daddy had money (there was a Mustang in the parking lot every day with the license tag "DADS$$$," it made me want to spit), but a lot of us were there because we and/or our parents took out enormous loans, worked our way through, or some combination therof. 

I studied philosophy and religious studies at a pretty decent university and I am a milkman.  Prior to that, I worked in factories, cafeterias and as a postman.  And I never stayed at most of those jobs for very long.  But it's my life, right?  That's just the nature of the beast.  I hope my parents love me nonetheless.

After attending the aforementioned private college, I went 60 grand into debt to get an MA in History so that I could stay home with my 2 kids and occasionally review video games for no pay.  I think I win the "underemployment" competition. 

(Before you ask, it was 2 grand a year for six years for tuition, and the rest for "living expenses" when we were stuck trying to sell a home we could no longer afford.  And yes, paying it back over the next ten years is going to be EXTREMELY painful.) 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 06:28:42 pm »

Philosophy here too! How many of us are there? Far too many.

Philosophy minor here.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 11:38:01 pm »

If I didn't have to work, I'd definitely go back to school.  The path is an end in itself, IMO.  I came this close to dropping back in last year, but then knocked my wife up and so deferred those dreams for a while.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 02:47:08 am »

Children do have a way of destroying one's dreams.

...says guy who has no kids.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 03:22:18 am »

Children do have a way of destroying changing one's dreams.


FTFY
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 05:52:30 am »

I just dropped my kind-of-philosophy major because... I realized that I absolutely hate philosophy.

My parents told me at some point, I forget when, that they have always assumed I would find some job that was entirely worthless to society but which I enjoyed. Now I am wondering if I will even find that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 06:16:16 am »

but dan you found that: anthropology.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 08:20:22 am »

I thought I would like philosophy but I hated it too, besides like basic logic and ethics, which I don't know if they are really philosophy, but they were phil11-- classes, so.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 03:45:19 pm »

I've found that I enjoy political philosophy and ethics to a certain degree, but I could never see myself as a philosophy major.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »

Oh, you know, he's probably writing the great American novel in his spare time. Or the great American screenplay, or whatever these kids do nowadays.

He should get Onstad to create a graphic resumefor him in the form of one of those Rube Golbergian flowcharts he draws.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 09:52:59 pm »

Ooo, I want my resume done that way. Onstad should offer it as a service. I don't need any more tshirts but I'd definitely pay for that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

Here's a thought -- how about a strip?  Wouldn't that be a nice change?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The résumé of a one Chris Crane, for your evaluation
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 11:26:14 pm »

invented the Zippo

Holy Fuck!  Thank you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up