Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220605 times)

0 Members and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #510 on: March 25, 2010, 03:45:32 pm »

No, it's Black Oak Arkansas.  Says so right in the Title. 

Funny Nugent connection though.  That's Tommy Aldridge playing drums.  He went on to a very illustrious career playing for Pat Travers Band, Ozzy, Whitesnake, etc...

I've seen him in concert 5 times.  Twice each with Pat Travers and Ozzy and once with Whitesnake. 

I googled him a couple of years back and he was playing with Nugent at the time.

i forgot to quantify that with sarcasm tags.  the singer looked and sounded like the nuge', if the nuge' was itchin for some crack.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #511 on: March 25, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »

Oh christ. I'm confused. Fuck all this noise I just like listening to Creedence.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #512 on: March 25, 2010, 09:54:15 pm »

I wrote a paper about how to define musical genres, and the professor gave me a shitty grade because he thinks he knows about music but doesn't. he wrote down examples of bands that would, he thinks, be put in the same genre based on my understanding of what a genre is that don't have enough in common. And looking at these bands, I could completely explain why he was wrong. I could explain what indie-folk has to do with like, math-rock, but it did not occur to me that he expected me to go through every sub-genre of "alternative music" and explain what it had to do with every other genre.
I was bad at that class.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #513 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:45 am »

i forgot to quantify that with sarcasm tags.  the singer looked and sounded like the nuge', if the nuge' was itchin for some crack.

I know, and here I am getting all preachy and shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2010, 03:02:10 pm »

So I was attending a friend`s gig and then somehow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiTiWuKOrms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZaCsiVTd_0

I didn`t have time to warm up or anything and it`s been years since last, so excuse eventual suckitude (esp. voice) =P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 03:15:35 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #515 on: March 26, 2010, 03:23:35 pm »

Frikkin' awesome Deja!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2010, 03:28:50 pm »

T-t-t-thanks! ^^
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #517 on: March 26, 2010, 08:35:48 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #519 on: March 29, 2010, 07:48:09 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #520 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:36 am »

Sometimes Craig Ferguson has a strange intro to his show.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #521 on: March 30, 2010, 06:11:51 am »

Also, you should probably watch this review of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace if you are a fan of sci fi and watching bad things get dissected.  It takes about 5 minutes to get the character but the entire review is SO worth watching.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #522 on: March 30, 2010, 06:36:27 am »

that movie reviewer dude treads occasionally over the line separating funny and frightening. the review itself is solid but the reviewer would have done well to avoid wearing that personality.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #523 on: March 30, 2010, 10:59:29 am »

Also, you should probably watch this review of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace if you are a fan of sci fi and watching bad things get dissected.  It takes about 5 minutes to get the character but the entire review is SO worth watching.

Watched this few months back, superb stuff bar the occasionally bizarre reviewer bits. These days you've got to do that to interest the 1n73rn37 k135 I guess
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #524 on: March 30, 2010, 11:25:48 am »

That was brilliant.  He did a great job of contrasting how and why the original series was so good and why the new story sucks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 104   Go Up