Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topic Starters  (Read 3572 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 01:49:17 am »

Have you tried approaching then backing away from the toilet?

In my experience that makes it worse. I think Miles is right, once are you in a certain proximity events are set in motion.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 02:54:16 am »

Don't know about that, but I do believe that the severity of a hangnail is directly proportional to one's proximity to a nailclipper.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 05:18:36 pm »

I carry one on my keychain, and therefore never get them. I suppose I could perform an experiment, but the consequences are potentially dire.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 05:50:55 pm »

So that's like my friend who carried her winter coat in the back seat of her car, and so she never got cold?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »

Or the guy who always carries a condom in his wallet, and therefore never gets laid?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:09 pm »

Ah, very interesting.

See, I think that is a little different. That brings to mind what we call at my house Technical Staff's Corollary to Murphy's Law, which says that if you want to achieve a desired goal, you should not do anything to make it less inconvenient. But that clearly has a logical similarity to the other kind of situation which bears thinking about.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 03:29:04 am »

I would start more topics but they would be about one of:

The Stone Roses/other band that make me happy music exists

Football

Being a student in England

Asking personal questions about all of you

So this is all probably for the best.

You're all lovely entertaining people anyway.

Fuck me my head hurts.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:20:47 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 04:24:35 am »

I'd totally be interested in your thoughts on being a student in England.  However, the state you're in we probably wouldn't understand a word of it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 05:46:36 am »

Topic starter:

Basically, the ending of THE WRESTLER postulates that if only the women of significance in his life had been able to forgive him, yet again, for his long string of basically unforgiveable betrayals, he wouldn't have had to commit suicide-by-black-guy-pretending-to-be-a-Muslim. "Forgive men all their failings unless you want them to die in a deconstructionalist version of Christ's passion".

I mean, as an affable screw-up, I am entirely pro- this kind of message in a movie?

It certainly benefits me for this sort of idea to be floating about the collective subcon?

But still. Seems worth talking about.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Topic Starters
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 06:18:52 am »

This topic is already started.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up