Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Baseball '09?  (Read 16828 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 01:49:54 pm »

What kind of time committment does something like this carry?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 02:58:16 pm »

You can set it up so you adjust your roster once a week (for as little as 5 minutes, maybe less) and can maybe win whiskey for it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 03:06:30 pm »

Oh burn. I guess I'm in. And there's an autodraft, eh?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 07:18:27 pm »

So we kinda need one more, but just one more, now, right?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 07:28:21 pm »

I don't know anything about baseball that I didn't learn from my brother's Wii Sports but for potential whisk(e)y I will happily learn.

I mean, I know postage is a problem. You can always just transfer the booze money to my account.

There are many ways to give a man whisk(e)y.

If there's one thing in this life I'm good at it's making up numbers.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 11:26:53 am »

Right. I've signed up. If I have any idea what's going on by the end of this thing I will consider that a victory.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 02:14:23 pm »

Alright folks, I'm hoping miles post means we have 8 and not 7, like this morning's look see shows. That's cool but I think we can find a couple of more.

Right, I had every intention of signing up but last week has been busy at work and I can't even touch fantasy sports there. If you guys need another I'm in, if not, that's cool too. Looks like the team is locked now.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 04:29:02 pm »

Is it too late to be in on this? I wanted to get into fantasy baseball this year, but had no idea where to begin on my own.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 11:13:32 pm »

Quote from: Yahoo! Sports
Head-to-Head leagues must draft no later than March 29th to start scoring in fantasy Week 1, which runs March 30th - April 12th.

I can only tell who's running about half the teams, so I don't know how many people are interested but still haven't signed up.  We need to get everyone on board and kick things off, pronto.  I'm looking at you, 'sMets.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 03:54:18 pm »

Oh crap... I was stalling for time to get more teams in and then I...

Misplaced my... Yahoo... password.

I have it now! I have it now...

Y'all want me to hit the autodraft button tonight?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 03:59:11 pm »

I'm in.  Autodraft is a different test from being able to pick your own lineup but at least it means we start with a relatively even level of talent across all teams.

I did my best to sabotage my team by tweaking my drafting order preferences last night.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 11:55:10 pm »

Now I'm doing a test draft (I'm new at this stuff). I am a little bit alarmed at the results.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 03:13:01 am »

I hit movie sign.

We'll see when it kicks in.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 04:23:42 am »

This is a "yes, it's too late to be involved", right?

Dang :(
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:23 am »

Holy shit I love my lineup.

Don't like the pitchers or backups though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up