Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Baseball '09?  (Read 16825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 09:59:54 am »

So I was in second most of the first half of the year, dropped to second last week, and really wanted to get back to second this week.  Went 8-2, only so did the second place person (who is half a game ahead of me).  But I played the, at the time, 4th team and he played the 8th or 9th.  It's not fair I tells you.  It just ain't fair.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:18 pm »

Meh.  It means very little until the playoffs, methinks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 02:27:07 pm »

So I was in second most of the first half of the year, dropped to second last week, and really wanted to get back to second this week.  Went 8-2, only so did the second place person (who is half a game ahead of me).  But I played the, at the time, 4th team and he played the 8th or 9th.  It's not fair I tells you.  It just ain't fair.
*waves* I was playing a zombie team--like I said.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 09:52:58 pm »

Meh.  It means very little until the playoffs, methinks.

Oh I know, just want to win and I set goals.  Just the way I am.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2009, 02:13:46 pm »

What happened to Monday's stats?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2009, 02:35:27 pm »

Sometimes it just takes a while for them to update.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2009, 03:42:23 pm »

Nearly all of my players are on the disabled list, I have no idea how to fix my team.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2009, 05:34:18 pm »

Way to get after then last night, boys!
Heh. They managed to more than make up for Frank Francisco's line between the two of them.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:51 pm »

Hey!  Did you know that our season has no playoffs?  It's just one big table for the season!
Here I've been just trying to maintain playoff position.  Oh well.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 01:47:51 pm »

Ruh Roh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 04:20:28 pm »

For damn sure you don't want to be sharing the room with Shaggy after his morning coffee.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 11:54:31 pm »

Goddamn, now I'm all thirsty for whiskey.  And here I am sitting at work.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2009, 05:08:55 pm »

What is the deal with the last week of competition being 14 days?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2009, 05:47:19 pm »

What is the deal with the last week of competition being 14 days?

Wait, what?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Baseball '09?
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2009, 06:12:52 pm »

Quote
Week 25: Sep 21 - Oct 4
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up