Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cola Flavor  (Read 19921 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2003, 05:10:34 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Another odd soft drink I've enjoyed -- Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda.  Tastes like a Special Dark melted into club soda.  Or something.

If this is actually good, I may have to try it. I've always wanted to try a good chocolate soda, but the ones I've had have been disasters. (My mother favors a Cherry Chocolate thing that's really just exceedingly vile.)


I'm assuming Yoo-Hoo doesn't do it for you? I bet you could make a good one yourself. If you have never had a chocolate soda made correctly at an ice-cream shop soda fountain (and the art is dying...I usually have to shout instructions from across the counter) try it. And then try it at home with smaller amounts of ice cream til you have a tasty beverage of soda and chococlate. You might like it pretty good!

See, I've never thought of Yoo-Hoo as a soda, just as a sort of quasi-chocolate-milk-thing. But I like Yoo-Hoo pretty well.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2003, 08:11:40 am »

Yoo-Hoo is good.

There was another brand of chocolate drink that was also carbonated and the combination was just awful.

When I was a kid the CVS up the street sold O'Doul's (or however you spell it) non-alcoholic beer, which was awful then and awful now.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2003, 03:37:14 pm »

So what about the other flavors? Goodness or crime against the good name of Yoo-Hoo?
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2003, 06:00:19 pm »

The search for turkey soda continues.  So far, I've been to several grocery stores (2 Safeways, 2 QFCs, a Fred Meyer and an Albertsons) and two 7-11s with no luck.  I'm thinking that many retailers are not interested in stocking meat-flavoured novelty sodas.  Damn them.  But, I'll try and hit the string of independent convenience stores between campus and my apartment on the way home tonight.  If that doesn't work, I may call the search off.  We'll see.

(And it seems this isn't Jones' first foray into the meat beverage area.  Mmm, ham)

But, in the interest of having something interesting to say, I did try an odd flavored beverage, found at a local 7-11.  A green-tea flavored cola.  It actually wasn’t that bad.  Not to sweet or syrupy, with kind of an odd herbal flavour, presumably from the tea.  Not bad, although I generally refrain from purchasing things with tie-dye-esque labels.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2003, 06:16:29 pm »

Representin' for Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda.  

Celery-flavored soda.  Mmmmmmmmm.


*pause to vomit*
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2003, 06:37:16 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Representin' for Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda.  

Celery-flavored soda.  Mmmmmmmmm.


*pause to vomit*

Where is this sold? I think I may have next year's birthday present for the SO.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2003, 06:58:56 pm »

Most delicatessens and grocery stores that have a section devoted to the more Jewish end of the food spectrum ( matzos, gefilte giraffe, Manischewitz wine, etc. ).  

Dr. Brown's also make the best soda ever ( Black Cherry ) and what most people consider the best cream soda ( not to my taste ), so I guess they have to balance it out with something vile.  Better than chicken fat flavored soda, I suppose.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2003, 07:05:47 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
But, in the interest of having something interesting to say, I did try an odd flavored beverage, found at a local 7-11.  A green-tea flavored cola.  It actually wasn’t that bad.  Not to sweet or syrupy, with kind of an odd herbal flavour, presumably from the tea.  Not bad, although I generally refrain from purchasing things with tie-dye-esque labels.


The Greenberry's Coffee by me sells Cricket Cola (now in diet!) that's made from tea. I refuse to try it because I detest both tea and coffee but my SO thinks I'd like it.

I can't believe they have diet Cel-Ray. They always have it at delis I visit but I've never seen anybody buy it. Does anybody else think that 7-Up from a can tastes vaguely like celery?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2003, 07:21:04 pm »

What about Liz-Blizz?  The milky-ish fruit flavored drinks?  I used to like that drink until my boyfriend started referring to it as Jizz-Blizz.  (Is that how you spell Jizz?)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2003, 08:02:17 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
What about Liz-Blizz?  The milky-ish fruit flavored drinks?  I used to like that drink until my boyfriend started referring to it as Jizz-Blizz.  (Is that how you spell Jizz?)


Yes, that is the proper spelling of jizz.  

I always get Jizz-Blizz and Spodie-Bang confused.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2003, 08:44:34 pm »

I can't think of Dr. Brown's Cream Soda without imagining some groupie getting off on it.

Damn you, Frank Zappa.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2003, 08:58:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I can't think of Dr. Brown's Cream Soda without imagining some groupie getting off on it.

Damn you, Frank Zappa.


I have the same problem with mud sharks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2003, 09:04:57 pm »

How do you feel about the Telefunken U-47?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2003, 10:17:19 pm »

Or Steve Vai's hairbrush?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2003, 10:18:52 pm »

Or perhaps the state of Illinois and some hot soapy water?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up