Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread  (Read 11906 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 10:20:05 pm »

onstad looks and seems like a Tim & Eric character.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 11:10:17 pm »

Hey, remember this thread? Some good casting choices, but of course this is pre-GOF.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 12:11:28 am »

Directed by Guy RitchieAlan Smithee
Starring Brad Pitt, Gerard Butler, Sam Jackson
Featuring R. Lee Ermey as Hot Dog VendorMarlon Brando as Keith Moon's Head
And Christopher Walken as Ramses
Original Story by Christ Opher Onstad
Screenplay by Uwe Bold Charlie Kaufman Alan Smithee

Fixed those for you.  I can only see this ending in tears.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 12:18:22 am »

Seems like I predicted this as a reason why he was neglecting the strip, but I can't find it.  I'm not the court jester.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 01:36:16 am »

Seems like I predicted this as a reason why he was neglecting the strip, but I can't find it.  I'm not the court jester.

Here you go: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4822.msg129525.html#msg129525
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 01:44:24 am »

This is largely preliminary:

Ray: Terrence Howard
Beef: Demetri Martin
Pat: Matthew Fox
Molly: Eve Myles
Teodor: Paul Rudd
The Tenmen: Vampire Weekend
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 01:53:11 am »

The Tenmen: Vampire Weekend

This sort of makes sense for some reason, although it sparked a question in my mind: Do we know what type of music The Tenmen plays?

Except for Paul Rudd and Terrence Howard, I'm not familiar enough with the other actors to make a call either way. Rudd could work, but can Terrence Howard be weird enough to play Ray? He's always so serious, and not in the same way that Ray takes himself seriously. I can't see him pitching ChatSacks. Also, he's possibly too beautiful.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 02:26:35 am »

This sort of makes sense for some reason, although it sparked a question in my mind: Do we know what type of music The Tenmen plays?

The "Radio Achewood" page used to have two Tenmen songs available for download, but they're both gone now. I remember listening to them when they were first posted and not liking them. But I don't recall at all what they sounded like.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 03:06:12 am »

if demitri martin plays beef I will boycott.

i find him occasionally funny, but also resent him.

I see The Tenmen as being more like... The Soft Pack (formerly the Muslims):
covering my favorite Cure song here
and here doing their best original song. the video is kind of horrible.

the sunglasses and matching suits are where I get this from.
although the rickenbackers indicate something a little more jangly.

Vampire Weekend are way too cute and fun and happy. Even though "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" is awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 03:10:53 am »

I don't think I know any of those actors, and perhaps mercifully, because if Demetri Martin is that guy with the new show on Comedy Central, I have only seen five minutes of him, but, that is such a bad idea it makes me want to cry. I mean, seriously sit down on the floor and bawl my eyes out.

And Vampire Weekend: I think I listened to a song of theirs lately because I thought that was such a brilliant name for a band, and was disappointed at not liking it at all.

The Tenmen play some kind of music that you can stand perfectly still while you're playing. That is the only thing I am sure of.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 04:16:30 am »

yeah for real, you are on THIN ICE Toaster.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 04:20:08 am »

The thing that I am sure of is this:

When Jough said that Kadeem Hardison should play Roast Beef, he spoke the truth that only a genius can speak. 

Amen. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 04:30:56 am »

I see The Tenmen as being more like... The Soft Pack (formerly the Muslims):
here doing their best original song. the video is kind of horrible.

I'm really liking this, although still not what I imagined The Tenmen sounding like. Apparently they shoot each of their LP jackets with a .22 (hopefully before they insert the record). Definitely going to have to pick that up.

For some reason I always imagined The Tenmen as Man or Astro-man. My friend who vaguely reminds me of Beef was a huge fan, so there's that correlation too. But I don't think they're still around? Cort, do you recall if the songs were surf-rocky?

Edit: The dude from The Muslims/Soft Pack video looks like he could have been classmates at Columbia with Vampire Weekend, although probably would have kicked their asses in the hallway after class.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 05:40:27 am »

I always imagined The Tenmen as, like, Cursive with a costume gimmick.

Then again, I always reckoned that that was the whole point of the Tenmen, just vague enough for any reader to project whatever they wanted onto them.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 08:01:09 am »

the problem is that I think Roast Beef would hate all of these bands.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up