Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ka-Whump! (11-21-03)  (Read 6166 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 06:53:30 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
P.S. By the time the game warden got there, someone stole the carcass.

Man, who the hell steals a deer carcass? Were you in Deliverance country or something?
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2003, 07:03:00 pm »

You kiddin'? Cut out the bruised parts, and that's good eatin'.

What?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2003, 07:39:57 pm »

Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2003, 07:54:38 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.


How long is this fuck*ng afterglow going to last, goddamnit!
Actually, no, it's a good thing.
We like nice, evil Jough. Not nice Jough though! That was perhaps the most surreal era of my life.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 07:58:32 pm »

agreed
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 08:54:41 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
You kiddin'? Cut out the bruised parts, and that's good eatin'.

What?


I was always afraid the locals had the same attitude about car accidents involving humans.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2003, 09:08:57 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.

No, honestly. A friend of mine used to do this. For reference, I was living in northern New Mexico at the time.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2003, 10:01:32 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Quote from: "jough"
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.

No, honestly. A friend of mine used to do this. For reference, I was living in northern New Mexico at the time.


Make you laugh?  Huh?
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 10:01:43 pm »

How many teeth could Philippe have left after hitting a deer with the wheel in his mouth? Sounds like a bad deal all around.

My dad hit a deer once but it didn't die...it kind of limp-bounded away. But it broke the bumper and the impact caused it to take a huge dump, the remains of which were all over the front end.

A neither sad nor happy ending, I guess.

There are no deer on this Island. Hardly any woodland creatures at all - mice, rats, mongooses and wild pigs. That's everything that doesn't have wings here. (Besides feral cats and dogs).

It's weird.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2003, 10:05:40 pm »

A deer climbed out of your trunk and stepped on you then you killed it?
That is for real and for true the most disturbing story I have heard probably ever.  Ye gods.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2003, 10:07:57 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
My dad hit a deer once but it didn't die...it kind of limp-bounded away. But it broke the bumper and the impact caused it to take a huge dump, the remains of which were all over the front end.

A neither sad nor happy ending, I guess.

Well, I laughed...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2003, 11:13:56 pm »

Reminds me of my early youth spent in Pennsyltucky where the schools close for the first day of deer season and the first day of doe.

I had a friend in HS who hit a deer on her way home from the courthouse getting her license. 3 minutes from receipt to 1st accident has to be some kind of record.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2003, 11:23:02 pm »

I've never hit one, but there are many, many around where I live.  In fact, most evenings around dusk this time of year, if you go out my back door and look across the field you can see two or three grazing at the treeline on the far side.

Last winter I was driving home with my children.  We were all crammed into the truck, which isn't much fun.  A truck was stopped in the road ahead of us.  Turned out to be my neighbor.  I got out and to see what had happened and he had just hit a deer.  One of it's back legs was badly broken and twisted at an unlikely angle.  The truck's front end was bunged up pretty good, too.

I asked him if there was anything I could do and he said no, that he was just going to run down to his house to get his gun to euthanize the deer.  We both drove off.  I was about 1/2 mile from my house, his house was only about 1/4 mile away.

We heard the shot while we were unloading the groceries from the back of the truck.  The carcass laid by the side of the road for a long time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2003, 03:17:03 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Phillipe is probably going to pull over and have a good cry because he killed a deer. Poor little guy's been exposed to a lot of death recently (assuming the buck is dead, natch).

(New character if not?)

(Rumblestrip the Deer?)


Deer gets killed and goes to heaven.
Beef gets distracted by tetris and gets shot by Pete.

OH NO MOLLY WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME WITH THE DEER???
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ka-Whump! - 11/21/2003
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2003, 10:09:20 pm »

I can't be sure but it is possible that a large deer would fill out them Jumbo Wedding-Tackle Cozies better than beef....
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up