Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Train Wrecks  (Read 9429 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Train Wrecks
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 03:55:27 pm »

Along the same lines, I have found myself watching movies on TV that I own.  I once got half way through watching the English Patient with comercials and the naughty bits edited out, when I came to my senses and remembered that I owned it and there was no reason to watch it on TV.  I've done it with other movies too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Train Wrecks
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 05:06:02 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
I once got half way through watching the English Patient with comercials and the naughty bits edited out, when I came to my senses and remembered that I owned it and there was no reason to watch it on TV.  I've done it with other movies too.


People do this all the time.  It's because when it's on tv you know other people are watching too, so you get to escape the horrible horrible crushing loneliness of your life, side_show, and feel connected, albeit in a sterile and technological fashion, to your fellow humans.

One of my extremely flakey ex-girlfriends had a theory that everyone's brain waves eminated from their heads like radio waves and that subconsciously we could receive each other's brain transmissions and be affected by them.

Of course, this girl's a spitter, too, so you can't take too much of anything she says too seriously.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Train Wrecks
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2003, 06:12:30 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

One of my extremely flakey ex-girlfriends had a theory that everyone's brain waves eminated from their heads like radio waves and that subconsciously we could receive each other's brain transmissions and be affected by them.

Of course, this girl's a spitter, too, so you can't take too much of anything she says too seriously.


I don't think the idea of collective unconciousness is entirely flakey, but I ain't no spitter, why that's just plain rude.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Train Wrecks
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2003, 07:08:27 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

Of course, this girl's a spitter, too, so you can't take too much of anything she says too seriously.


I love your logic Jough.
You should get your own column in New Scientist - where you can debunk new and groundbreaking scientific theory by referencing the author's sexual misgivings.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Train Wrecks
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2003, 08:32:23 pm »

When I first started working at my current job newscientist.com was blocked. The only reason anybody could give me was that "maybe they use the word 'breast' too much or something." Except according to Google our own website uses that word 297 times . . .
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Train Wrecks
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2003, 08:56:49 pm »

I'm not sure I would last very long at a job that treated its employees like children.

Of course, if I did work in a tech job I was usually the one controlling the filter, which meant that I could add myself to the passthrough list.  And anyone else in the company for a little extra cashish.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up