Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The first Achewood you saw...  (Read 9766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Twelvebottoms

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bumface.co.uk
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 04:25:06 am »

That's odd I heard about it through drew's writing site, you know, as  toothpastefordinner.com was getting started.  Shame that guy doesn't write more, but then everyone says that.  Kind of a Pat-like angry man.
Logged
[size=9]The poorly-educated also enjoy Achewood![/size]

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 05:04:27 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm another can't remember.  But I think I got here either through Lileks or Memepool.


If it were memepool, you're welcome, you ingrate. :)
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 05:56:37 am »

I think Goats sent me here. I don't remember when, but I did have to give the archives a couple of tries before I "got it".

Woohoo - 100th post!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 06:11:45 am »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm another can't remember.  But I think I got here either through Lileks or Memepool.


If it were memepool, you're welcome, you ingrate. :)


What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Were you responsible for posting it on Memepool?

If so, THANK YOU VERY MUCH MR. BOBBY ISOSCELES!!!  I'm going to mail you a kitten.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2003, 07:03:30 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
I think Goats sent me here. I don't remember when, but I did have to give the archives a couple of tries before I "got it".

Woohoo - 100th post!

Got here from Goats, too; I remember "But Ray! Cowboys!" being the first strip I saw from that link, but there may have been more occasions before or since.

Yay for triple digits!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 01:19:20 pm »

I learned of Achewood at Ted Barlow's blog.  He linked to several strips, and I think this one hooked me in.  But he also suggested that one start from the beginning and read them all in order, which was a very good idea.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 07:12:54 pm »

Heh heh.  You said Wood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2003, 07:18:48 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Heh heh.  You said Wood.


I think we should get Jough to set up a script to go through the database and see how many times we've said wood.
I think it prove scary... Considering...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

beetle

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2003, 01:13:52 am »

I got here through Cat and Girl, which I found through Brunching Shuttlecocks.  I remember it was somewhere during Ray and Beef's road trip, because when I showed my girlfriend, they were running out of the gay bar.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2003, 02:27:35 am »

Quote from: "slink"

I think we should get Jough to set up a script to go through the database and see how many times we've said wood.
I think it prove scary... Considering...


No need for a script, just pure SQL, me boy.

Amazingly enough, without the "ache" in front of it we've only used the word "wood" 14 times (not counting my post, and counting slink's quote of August's post).

And nearly half of them were referring to actual wood, not the kind one would "sport."

V-Adore

  • Guest
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2003, 02:35:49 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Amazingly enough, without the "ache" in front of it we've only used the word "wood" 14 times (not counting my post, and counting slink's quote of August's post).

And nearly half of them were referring to actual wood, not the kind one would "sport."

My first thought: we have work to do.

Unfortunately, I don't have any good wood-sporting stories, so...
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2003, 02:41:17 am »

Please put Wood stories in a new thread...splitting them is so much work....*swoon*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2003, 02:52:12 am »

Any references to Martin Landau's Oscar winning performance in that timeless classic film Ed Wood?

Or how about the kind of wood that doesn't float --







Natalie Wood!

(rimshot)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2003, 02:53:59 am »

Frankly, you are in fine form today, August.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The first Achewood you saw...
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2003, 02:58:13 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Or how about the kind of wood that doesn't float --
(dramatic spaces snipped)
Natalie Wood!
(rimshot)

Clearly this indicates that she doesn't weigh the same as a duck...

(oh, god. I feel 14 again, back when that joke would have been cool.)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up