Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Merchandise Sales  (Read 13020 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2003, 10:27:37 pm »

There were many threads asking what the joke was because nobody got it. Not even the real old school readers. So now the appeal is that it's not actually funny and doesn't make sense.

It's like popular songs that don't really sound good but people like them anyway.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2003, 10:35:22 pm »

Okay, good.  Then it's not just me.  I wasn't sure, being that I pretty much don't watch tv or listen to pop music anymore.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2003, 11:05:09 pm »

The joke is that there is no joke.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2003, 12:52:08 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I wasn't sure, being that I pretty much don't watch tv or listen to pop music anymore.


Certainly not alone not getting it. And not alone on the latter part either. It's just too annoying and frustrating. And soulless!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2003, 02:09:08 am »

I confess I like it on a dada level. Plus the phrase "illegal ghost bikes" is extremely funny to me, probably again on the dada level.

Quote from: "jldunston"
I bought a makeout king shirt for my husband. He liked it. My mom didn't get it.

I think this is the universal purpose of Achewood shirts -- to impress significant others and confuse moms. My mother still seems slow to accept the idea that my owning a "Special Boy" T-shirt does not indicate that I'm transsexual or something.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2003, 09:51:49 pm »

Well, one way or another, we'll find out Monday.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2003, 04:14:45 pm »

Any bets?
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2003, 05:27:45 pm »

Hey, Hey! My book came today.

Onstad personalized it with a nifty drawing of Nice Pete, who says "I followed you home, Frank.  I always did like killin' (sic) in Shelby County."

Shelby County being where I live, you see.

So, now I guess I gotta be keeping my eyes open for murderous cats for a while.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

TODCRAProductions

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2003, 03:41:53 am »

Saaaaay, anyone pick up the new shirts (i.e. Sanriobuki, Primetime Records, Rabbit Ambulance), and recieved them?  I don't wanna bother Onstad yet, especially if no one else has got them, but, yeah, just curious.  I know that it takes a while, but I'm just a bit curious.  So, uh, thanks.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2003, 05:37:03 pm »

I ordered two shirts back in October when they first became available.  No sign of them yet.  

Be patient.  With Onstad, it's like Lou Reed said: first thing you learn is that you always gotta wait.

Hey, post #100.  Yippee.
Logged

TODCRAProductions

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2003, 04:21:14 am »

Yeah, that's what I figured; I'm not worried on Onstad's end, I've just been having incredibly shitty mail service lately (i.e. Not Actually Getting Things) and I was a little worried my Achewood Shirts had fallen victim to the Black Hole Of Things I Pay Money For But Never Actually Receive Because I Guess The Postal Service Decides They Like Them Too Much To Get Rid Of Them.  

Not too long after I posted, I looked at my invoice and saw that it was dated Oct. 31st I think, and that's not actually too bad, length of time-wise anyway.

TODCRAProductions

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2003, 04:13:49 pm »

Hooray!  A couple of my shirts came today!  And the other one, according to the invoice is shipping soon!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2003, 05:53:06 pm »

I had a conversation with Onstad about receiving merchandise and I believe I can assure everyone with absolute sincerity that you have nothing to fear.  Your stuff is on its way.

Nobody's selling their eyes, here, people.  No one's losing anything!

It's all good.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2003, 06:42:19 pm »

It's good that nobody sold their eyes, 'cause, y'know, ocular shenanigans.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Merchandise Sales
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2003, 09:32:44 pm »

Uh oh - Onstad has managed to work the mind-control world-domination thing on Jough.  This is scary.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up